Can diabetics drink fruit juice
Fruit juice: how fruit sugar makes you sick
Juice made from fruits such as orange, pomegranate and chokeberry (aronia) are considered healthy. But in addition to antioxidants and vitamins, fruit juice can contain as much sugar as cola, especially the particularly problematic fruit sugar (fructose). It is naturally contained in the juice, even if the juices are "without added sugar" or "freshly squeezed".
Fructose in many foods
Fructose tastes twice as sweet as other types of sugar, for example granulated sugar or grape sugar, and is therefore particularly tempting for many people. The food industry likes to use fructose for sweetening. Many foods contain natural fructose. If you are not careful, you will significantly exceed the maximum amount of 25 grams of sugar recommended by the World Health Organization.
Sick from fructose
If there is a lot of fructose in the body, for example after a large glass of fruit juice, the small intestine converts the fructose into fat. This is stored in the liver. If this happens over a longer period of time, a fatty liver develops. In larger quantities, fructose is also responsible for obesity, diabetes (type 2) and elevated blood lipid levels.
Eat fresh fruit
Fresh fruits such as grapes, apples and oranges are healthier than fruit juice. It also contains fructose, but in a lower concentration. Fresh fruits can even lower the risk of diabetes (type 2). They contain vitamins, fiber and secondary plant substances, which are only present in small amounts in the juice. Nutritionists recommend eating no more than three handfuls of fruit a day and drinking a small glass of juice at most.
This topic in the program:
Visit | 11/22/2016 | 8:15 pm
- What is the best pizzeria in Paris
- What do you miss about the music of the 90s
- Motorcycles are detected by speed cameras
- What is a french seam
- Is reading and writing a passive activity?
- Are glasses scratch resistant
- What are the Top UX Design Conferences
- How do deadlocks occur under Unix
- How do megabytes, gigabytes and terabytes differ
- When was ERP created
- Is Die Hard a Christmas movie
- Hasee Toh Phasee been underestimated
- Are turbulences dangerous 1
- Reason devalues human life
- Who were the sons of Genghis Khan?
- Why did women not lead civilizations
- What if all people were created equal?
- What is the favorite sex position of men and why
- Is there a demand for XSLT developers
- Will Europe be able to survive Brexit?
- What does yellow mean in urine
- How often should an autoclave be serviced?
- Is Hummel sexist
- Why are cigarette smokers always so angry