What's the best nostalgic game
Charm of nostalgia : Is “Anno 1800” the best winner?
The computer game "Foldit" is a free puzzle game that helps researchers not least in the fight against viruses. As part of the swarm intelligence on their computer, the players “fold” the components of proteins so that the result has the right structure.
“Foldit” received the undoped special prize from the jury at the “Digital Gala” of the German Computer Game Prize on Monday evening. It could have been the right game at the right untimely time of the corona crisis, worthy of wearing the crown as the “Best German Game” - if “Foldit” were not a project of the University of Washington.
Well-engineered, yes, but innovative?
It was always a good decision. The awarding of the main prize to the building strategy game "Anno 1800" is also a good choice, but not the best signal. Sure, the game is as mature and perfect as you can expect from the youngest member of a series that originated in 1998 and is still one of the most successful games from Germany.
If Andreas Scheuer, as Minister of Transport and Digital Infrastructure, praises the “charm of nostalgia”, the innovations compared to the predecessor may still be as exciting, but this selection of winners is not proof of innovation. The fact that co-favorite “Through the Darkest of Times” from Berlin did not receive the main prize - but instead the prize for the “Best Serious Game” - has not least to do with the subject. Games with a Nazi connection contain a residual problem, even if the player organizes the resistance against the Hitler regime.
With the computer game award, politicians want to recognize this form of entertainment as a cultural asset and at the same time strengthen Germany as a developer location. Especially in the Corona period - which may take longer than many currently believe - innovative computer games could make an important contribution, not just for the industry, but also for society. Even science could benefit, see the "foldit" proteins.
- Are tooth fillings dangerous
- Are all vegetables with seeds actually fruit?
- What are umbrellas used for in photography?
- What is checksum security
- Can I get permanent disability benefits?
- Why do so many people love Disneyland
- Exercise is the answer to everything
- How is waiting for Godot a tragedy?
- What's a new bingo site
- How often should an autoclave be serviced?
- What is the opposite of laziness
- What is the main agenda behind feminism
- Are squats harmful to our knees?
- Why are earthships bad
- How big is the total population of the atheists
- What is Open Graph Meta Tags
- Why do people blame everyone but themselves
- What's your rating of Facebook Messenger
- What can you get in Bengaluru
- What do retained earnings mean
- Loudspeakers should be banned in mosques
- What do you expect from joining Twitter
- Why is Peggy a nickname for Margaret
- Why CPU pins are gold plated