How can I create a global network
Overview of network types: WAN, MAN, LAN & GAN
If several computers are to be connected to a network, this is usually done in the form of a Local Area Network (LAN). Such a local area network can comprise two computers in a private household or several thousand devices in a company. Networks in public institutions such as authorities, schools or universities are also implemented as LANs. A widespread standard for wired local area networks is Ethernet. Networking technologies such as ARCNET, FDDI and Token Ring are less common and largely out of date. The data is transmitted either electronically based on copper cables or about one Optical fiber made of glass fiber.
If more than two computers are connected in a LAN, additional network components such as hubs, bridges and switches are required, which act as coupling elements and distribution nodes. The LAN network type was developed to provide a fast transfer of large amounts of data to enable. Depending on the structure of the network and the transmission medium used, a data throughput of 10 to 1,000 Mbit / s is common. LANs allow a convenient exchange of information between the various devices connected in the network. In the corporate context, it is common to provide multiple work computers with shared file servers, network printers or applications via LAN.
If a local network is implemented via radio, one speaks of a Wireless Local Area Network (WLAN). The technical basis of the WLAN standard is defined by the IEEE 802.11 family of standards. Wireless local networks offer the possibility of conveniently integrating end devices into a home or company network and are compatible with wired Ethernet LANs. However, the data throughput is lower than with an Ethernet connection.
The range of a LAN depends on the standard used and the transmission medium, but can be increased by using signal amplifiers, so-called repeaters. With Gigabit Ethernet over fiber optics, a signal range of several kilometers is possible. Local area networks, however, rarely extend over more than one building complex. Several LANs in geographical proximity can be connected to form a higher-level Metropolitan Area Network (MAN) or Wide Area Network (WAN).
- Is salvia psychoactive
- Leonardo da Vinci died a virgin
- How do London musicians play in apartments?
- Can ancient seeds be dated with carbon?
- Is there a movie on google
- What skin diseases do dermatologists treat
- Surfs bad for your hips
- How will nanoparticles change medicine?
- What is the minimum requirement for ssb
- What is the section guess
- Are you studying Ayurveda
- Are you a hooman
- What is the static factory method
- What are the benefits of learning C ++
- What is the hybridization of SiCl4
- Is HIV real
- Is reading and writing a passive activity?
- What are trammels and calves
- What are some legitimate pharmacies without a prescription
- How do you learn to be shameless
- Can an alternator run a household
- What are words that end with F?
- Will Neymar leave Barcelona for PSG
- Is there a diabetes without symptoms