What is the set of real numbers
The so-called real numbers are covered in this article. This means all numbers that belong to the rational and irrational numbers. What exactly this is all about, we explain in the following article.
First, a quick note: this article goes into great detail about real numbers. For all those who just need brief information on this term in mathematics, our summary in the article Types of Numbers is sufficient.
Properties of real numbers
The set of real numbers is the union of the rational numbers and the irrational numbers. For this reason, it is useful and important to know what is behind these two types of numbers.
A rational number - often also called a fractional number - is understood to mean all numbers that can be represented as a fraction. Example: 1/2; 3/4; 4/5 etc .. The numbers thus have the form z / n, i.e. numerator by denominator, as you hopefully already know from fractions. In contrast to the decimal fractions, these fractions are often referred to as ordinary or common fractions.
Rational numbers can be represented as a fraction, irrational numbers cannot. For example, if you take the root of the number 2, you get about 1.4142. However, this number is imprecise, because the root of 2 has an infinite number of places after the decimal point. This also applies to the circle number π (pronounced: pi), for which the value 3.14 is usually used as an approximation in schools. In practice you break off after a certain place after the comma and thus get a finite decimal number (point number).
Who's OnlineWe have 344 guests online
- Why do computers emit radiation?
- Who manufactures hardware for Netgear
- Where does Queen Elizabeth II live?
- What is price cut
- What is Hillary Clinton's IQ
- What are the advantages of mechanical engineering
- Distilled water has oxygen
- How is BIMT Gurgaon for an MBA
- Can a kitten kill you
- Is the drdo internship certificate valuable
- Is Japanese encephalitis curable?
- Do men love a romantic girlfriend
- PCBs are dangerous to humans
- How many GB are 6,000 photos
- Is Thanos almighty with the Infinity Gauntlet
- What organisms have magnetic field sensors
- Gives milk acne
- How do you publish short books yourself
- Why am I being charged an overdraft?
- What is a VFD
- Saves 1000 a month well
- Are there any non-profit health insurance companies
- Hillary Clinton is a true Christian
- How is white wine fattened?