How many children did Shakespeare have
William Shakespeare is perhaps the greatest writer of all time. With Romeo and Juliet he created the most famous lovers in the theater and although he has been dead for 400 years, his plays such as “Hamlet”, “Macbeth” or “King Lear” still move us. They are performed in theaters around the world and are templates for major motion pictures.
William Shakespeare was probably born on April 23, 1564 - in Stratford-upon-Avon, a small town two hours from London. His father was a glove maker and his mother a housewife. Shakespeare attended Stratford Latin School and got a good education there. It is believed that Shakespeare loved reading a lot. But he never went to university.
Enthusiasm for the theater
Unfortunately, not much is known about William Shakespeare's life, as there are very few documents about him from that time. So we can only guess how Shakespeare came to the theater. At the time, theater troupes toured his hometown of Stratford. Shakespeare could have seen them and been so enthusiastic that he wanted to work in the theater from then on. One thing is certain: Shakespeare later moved from Stratford to London and quickly became a big star on the theater scene. In London he began to write plays. The theater business in Shakespeare's day was tough because the competition was huge. But Shakespeare prevailed and was a celebrated star even then. He and his actors even built their own theater in London: the Globe Theater, a round, roofless wooden theater that could hold more than 3,000 people.
The theater in Shakespeare's day
At that time the theater was, so to speak, the cinema of its time and was one of the most important entertainment venues in London. The performances attracted viewers from all walks of life. Downstairs in the cheap seats were the common people who wanted to laugh at rude jokes. On the expensive seats in the upper galleries sat the gentlemen who wanted to see exciting stories of their nation above all. Shakespeare's great achievement was to reach and inspire them all with his stories by amusing the audience, shocking them, making them fearful or sympathizing with his tragic heroes.
Shakespeare wrote a total of 38 dramas. Some of them are comedies such as the play "A Midsummer Night's Dream", a funny confusion about several couples in love. But Shakespeare also wrote a great many tragic stories. The best known are "Hamlet", "Macbeth", "King Lear" and the love story of "Romeo and Juliet". Shakespeare is also known for his sonnets, very elaborate poems.
A language genius
Shakespeare was a real artist when it came to language. He wrote his stories in poetic images, and Shakespeare first wrote or invented many of the words found in English today. For example, "bedroom" - bedroom, "eyeball" - eyeball and "alligator" - alligator - all words found for the first time in Shakespeare's works. We have him to thank for a number of idioms, for example “All that glitters is not gold”, “That stinks to heaven” and “All's well that ends well”.
Status: 04/23/2016, 2:06 pm
- What is a dependency in coding
- Who is the greatest non-athlete actor
- What is a Cisco Zone-Based Firewall
- What is Home Loan Balance Transfer
- If we should prefer semaphores to mutex
- How do I prepare a word list for GRE
- Why did the population grow a lot
- What are the examples of drivers
- In what light is photosynthesis active?
- How does friction help in motion
- How to celebrate Christmas in Russia
- How healthy are crab legs
- Chairman Mao was a bad leader
- Who is the Least Known Superhero
- The visualization of modern physics is possible
- Sells marketing only without a degree
- How do I find a nickname
- What was the first pedal cycle
- ADHD causes excessive hunger
- What is your opinion on adult fines
- Make Maine Coons good pets
- How has life changed for you
- What is a competitive process
- What was Marie Laveau most famous for?
- Does Middlesex University accept someone
- Which artist sang the song Poison Ivy
- Which color is most inviting
- What is meat tenderizer
- What do too many HTTP redirects mean
- Recommend a quercetin supplement
- If 3x 15 what is x 1
- Is duck sauce made from a duck
- Why does radium sparkle
- Hasee Toh Phasee been underestimated