How do I learn a front-end framework
Learn web development
Welcome to the MDN learning area!
This series of articles will take you from beginner to web developer. Everything you need to code simple websites can be found here.
The aim of this series of articles is to take you from "beginner" to "expert" level. You will only become an "expert" after a lot of practice on your own projects, whereby MDN will always be a valuable resource for you.
If you are a complete beginner web development can be a tough challenge - we will help you "hold your hand" on the way to becoming a real Mozilla web developer. Everyone can feel at home here, regardless of whether they are a student learning web development (self-taught or within a course), a teacher looking for teaching materials, someone pursuing their hobby or someone who knows more about the technologies that hold the internet together would like to.
Important: The learning area is constantly being expanded. The German translation is not yet complete, but work is underway. If you have any questions on the subject, please contact us.
The learning area is regularly expanded by us. So that you stay up to date, all innovations are recorded here. So please come back later!
If you have questions about topics that are not described here or are only partially described in your opinion, please send us a message in the Discourse forum.
Do you want to become a front-end web developer?
We have summarized all the basic information in another course so that you have everything you need to achieve your goal.
Where to start
We would like to come to a common denominator with you. Which description best describes you?
- I am a Beginner
Welcome! The best thing to do is to start with our "Get to know the Internet" series. Here you will learn everything about the basics you need to get started in web development.
- I know the web
- I've mastered the web.
Great! Then you may be interested in our advanced guides and tutorials. Perhaps you would like to contribute to the MDN learning area yourself ;-)
Note: We will continue to publish more learning material, for example for experienced programmers on specific advanced techniques, native developers who are new to the web, or people who want to learn design techniques.
Learn quickly: vocabulary
- Thread in computer science is the execution of running multiple tasks or programs at the same time. Each unit capable of executing code is called a thread.
Here is a list of our article ranges.
- Get to know the internet
- Gives a basic introduction to web development for beginners.
- Structure HTML web pages
- Here you will be taught the language on which every website is based. HTML is there to give websites a basic framework and structure.
- Designing CSS websites
- CSS is the language we use to give a website a certain style. Colors, fonts and the position of an element on the website, all that and more can be determined with CSS. In this area you will learn basic CSS.
- Accessibility - Make the Internet accessible to everyone
- Accessibility - this is about making the Internet accessible for everyone, whether for people with disabilities or for mobile access or other access options. These articles will give you some knowledge on how to increase the accessibility of your website.
- Tools and tests
- Various tools for web developers are presented here, for example tools to test a website in different browsers.
- Server-side website programming
- Even if you specialize in user-side website development, it makes sense to have a basic understanding of server-side programming. This topic introduces you to how server-side programming languages work. There are detailed instructions for two popular frameworks, Django (Python) and Express (node.js).
How do you get our code examples?
The code examples that you can find in our learning area are all accessible via Github. You can copy these to your own computer to practice with.
The entire learning area was created by our volunteers. We need you on our team, whether you are a beginner, a teacher or an experienced web developer. If you are interested in participating in the MDN project, you can reach us via our mailing lists or the IRC channel. :)
- Mozilla Developer Newsletter
- Our newsletter for web developers. (in English)
- A good interactive website for learning programming languages and web development. (in English)
- Intended for students and teachers. (Partly in German)
- Interactive site with tutorials and projects on coding. (in English)
- COGNOS Online Training in INDIA 1
- Why shouldn't you study economics?
- What do conservatives actually stand for?
- What is the strangest unnatural cause of death
- How can I remember the chessboard?
- What are some unusual Christmas albums
- Isn't a pen harmful?
- How do I prune a white birch
- What made your marriage a successful marriage
- Which is the best air carrier
- Was Alexander the Great a Christian?
- Can I take Buscopan against acid reflux?
- Why did eBay get started
- Do you know yourself psychoanalysis
- Who invented the periodic table 7
- Runs Modi India better
- How does the SN1 reaction work?
- How can I stay hydrated in the desert?
- What are the exceptions in IPC 494
- Why is a sales job stressful
- Why am I being charged an overdraft?
- How can you think youthfully
- What is the story of Sabena Airlines
- Are superfoods really great