What is the oxygen in the water
Oxygen content of the water
The oxygen content of the water is the result of processes that supply and consume oxygen. Oxygen is brought in from the atmosphere, whereby the oxygen uptake mainly depends on the size of the water surface, the water temperature, the saturation deficit, the water turbulence and the air movement. Oxygen is also released during photosynthesis in aquatic plants. This can lead to oxygen oversaturation. On the other hand, during the natural breakdown of organic substances in water, oxygen is consumed by the activity of microorganisms and by the respiration of animals and plants. This can lead to a lack of oxygen in the water. The "fish critical value" is an oxygen content of 3 mg / l, below which fish can be harmed.
Due to the dependence of the oxygen concentration on the various physical, chemical and biochemical factors and the resulting great variability (including day-night rhythm in eutrophic waters), the dynamics of the oxygen balance in the water can usually only be recorded by continuous measurement and registration .
The measurement of dissolved oxygen is widely used in water monitoring and wastewater engineering. Oxygen is an essential component for the aerobic metabolic processes in every body of water. Water pollution often leads to "oxygen depletion" due to the biological degradation of organic substances. Accordingly, the oxygen content of a natural body of water is a criterion for assessing the ecological situation and, in wastewater technology, a measurement variable for regulating the treatment plants.
- Is the Kumaraguru College of Technology expensive
- What is the Korean term for business?
- How is your routine
- What is the difference between what and what
- Download Adobe CS6 Crack for Mac
- What are the rules for parking on the railroad
- How does television affect us?
- Why does Nigeria still have to split up?
- What is the name of the phase before frostbite
- Where did Sahil Khattar disappear
- What's wrong with the Chinese stock exchange
- Can i purify my heart
- What font do university logos use
- Who is the hardest working vlogger
- What was the best WW2 tank
- How can I look after my daughters
- Where can I find Unity 3D developers
- Vintage antique or old
- What the fuck is satan
- What is a parallelogram with four angles
- What does an aviation officer do
- How can we reduce homework
- Can I export data from Google Earth?
- Which crypto is better than Ripple