Is my cat sterile?
What should be considered after neutering cats?
If your cat is neutered in the morning, you can usually pick it up from the vet in the evening. Make sure that there is a quiet, warm place available where the animal can wake up completely from the anesthesia and relax undisturbed.
Most cats are still very dazed from the anesthetic. Place your cat on a blanket or in a cat bed on the floor. The resting place should not be on chairs or the couch. Otherwise there is a risk of falling when the animal tries to move.
After-effects of pain
Especially with female cats, it can take a few days before they are completely pain-free again. Hangovers usually feel good again after a day or two.
However, watch your cat closely during this phase so that you can inform the vet in good time if there are complications. Also, your vet will likely call you again for a follow-up exam the second day after the procedure.
Spaying and neutering your cat: proper nutrition afterwards
An intervention like neutering has an impact on the energy requirements of your furry friend. Just two days after castration, the basal metabolic rate, i.e. the calorie requirement, decreases by around 30 percent. In combination with less exercise, your cat can quickly become overweight. So that this does not have a negative effect on its weight, you must then pay more attention to the correct nutrition of your neutered cat.
But you don't have to completely change your feeding habits. Just make the portions a little smaller and weigh your cat regularly. If you notice an increase in weight in your house tiger in the weeks or months after castration, the amount of food is still too large.
It can be helpful to switch to low-calorie cat food. There is even a special food available for neutered cats, the nutritional profile of which is tailored to the specific needs of the animals.
By the way, don't let yourself be irritated when the special food is called “food for sterilized cats”. Sterilization is used as a generic term in this case; it is also food for neutered cats.
- Can you die of lymphoma
- What's so great about Skullcandy headphones
- What is the velocity-time diagram of the collision
- What do you mean by G constant
- Why is Colorado considered a swing state
- How long will Trump be in jail?
- What is morally and politically right
- Was there a civilization that is completely atheist
- How safe is South Sudan
- Actifio will go public
- How do you think about your twin
- Why doesn't my wife want me
- Which subjects are there in +1 arts
- What is Ethereum's block time
- Makes you a narcissist if you are critical
- Do sociopaths and psychopaths get along
- Why is there too much hunger?
- How did Ikea grow from Sweden
- Where is the US Embassy in Hawaii
- How to define POTUS as qualified
- Is India developed or developed in education
- What is the future of cyber piracy
- Is a mantra just a repetitive thought
- What are some quick home decor DIYs
- Does the Redmi Y2 have a problem
- What's the biggest scar you've got
- What kind of job do Eskimos do
- What is sheet metal pressing
- What are the best female cartoon characters
- What bothers you most about Indian films
- Atheists hate Catholics
- How does a computer recognize binary