How does Google fund Stadia
Google Stadia: This is how much the games at Google's Cloud Gaming cost
Google Stadia users can save the money for a console - this is one of the main arguments in favor of the cloud gaming service, which premieres on November 19th. The individual games are not cheaper on Stadia than on other platforms. This shows a price list that Google published shortly before the Stadia launch.
Stadia often has two prices: Stadia subscribers pay a flat rate of 10 euros a month and get some of the Stadia games at reduced prices. If you don't subscribe to Stadia, you pay the full price. The option to use Stadia without a subscription will not be activated until 2020. So it cannot be ruled out that prices will change again by then.
Prices mostly identical
Much indicates that the prices at Stadia are based on competing platforms such as Steam, Uplay and the Epic Games Store. However, it is confusing that Google does not provide any information about the editions sold. Assassin's Creed Odyssey, for example, should cost a hefty 70 euros according to the current list. However, because Google does not provide any information about the edition sold, direct price comparisons are difficult.
It is the same with other Ttieln: The racing game Grid (2019) costs 55 euros by default on Steam. Google would like to have 70 euros for Grid on Stadia, which roughly corresponds to the unreduced standard price of the Ultimate Edition on Steam. The version of Mortal Kombat 11, for which Google wants 90 euros, should also be the premium edition of the fighting game. However, it is unclear whether Stadia customers will even be able to use the cheaper standard version. It is also questionable whether there are regular sales at Stadia, such as those found on Steam.
Interesting: Stadia Pro subscribers do not get all of the launch titles at a discount: Of 22 games, there are only six discounts, two more are free. For most titles, pro-subscribers pay the same amount as non-subscribers. The savings on the six titles are between 10 and 35 euros.
In addition, Google speaks in the press release of "time limited" deals. In addition to some discounted games, the Stadia subscription also includes the option of streaming in 4k resolution with HDR and Dolby Atmos. heise online was already able to try out Stadia and was positively surprised by the performance.
Overview of Stadia prices
- Assassin's Creed Odyssey - € 69.99 (Limited Time Stadia Pro Deal: € 35)
- Attack on Titan: Final Battle 2 - € 69.99
- Destiny 2: The Collection (included with Stadia Pro)
- Farming Simulator 2019 - € 29.99
- Final Fantasy XV - € 39.99 (Limited Time Stadia Pro Deal: € 29.99)
- Football Manager 2020 - € 54.99
- Grid 2019 - € 69.99
- Gylt - € 29.99
- Just Dance 2020 - € 49.99
- Kine - € 19.99
- Metro Exodus - € 39.99 (Limited Time Stadia Pro Deal: € 20)
- Mortal Kombat 11 - € 89.99 (Limited Time Stadia Pro Deal: € 62.99)
- NBA 2K20 - € 49.99 (Limited Time Stadia Pro Deal: € 25)
- Rage 2 - € 59.99
- Rise of the Tomb Raider - € 29.99
- Red Dead Redemption 2 - € 59.99
- Samurai Shodown (included with Stadia Pro)
- Shadow of the Tomb Raider - € 59.99
- Thumper - € 19.99
- Tomb Raider 2013 - € 19.99 (Limited Time Stadia Pro Deal: € 10)
- Trials Rising - € 24.99
- Wolfenstein: Youngblood - € 29.99
Google wants to add new games to Stadia on a regular basis.
(there)Read comments (60) Go to homepage
- Can you live without a head
- All Muslims believe in hell
- Why is temperature an intense property
- Check employers' work history
- How do SSDs work
- How do I change the consumer price index
- Why do markets work inefficiently
- Happy is the richest man in the world
- Are keyless locks for homes safe
- Why should I join SEO?
- Tunicates are echinoderms
- What was JK Rowling's inspiration
- What is extra pulmonary tuberculosis
- How are paper stamps made
- Is the living tribunal dead?
- Do artists draw their own portraits
- What is QCBS
- What's wrong with the Obama administration
- Why are table knives boring
- How can I make 300
- What are ceramic knives made of
- How can I learn my subjects quickly
- Have you ever met Willie Nelson
- Do people actually think that ISIS represents Islam