What kind of doctors treat nerve pain
Neuropathic pain can be a heavy burden for those affected and have a massive impact on the quality of life (especially sleep, work and productivity). In general, two thirds of those affected feel very limited in their everyday life by their complaints.
How does neuropathic pain arise?
Neuropathic pain is due to either one Damage to the nerve structurethat are usually responsible for the sensation of pain, or to a Injury to parts of the nervous systemthat serve to transmit or process pain (e.g. the spinal cord or the brain).
What are the symptoms of neuropathic pain?
Often neuropathic pain is referred to as burning, boring, pulling or stabbing pain combined with tingle and one Feeling like "ant running" described under the skin. Also deafness and Numbness there may be signs of neuronal damage in certain parts of the body. Parasitic sensations on the surface of the bodythat are triggered by touch can also be an indication of nerve damage, e.g. perception of a non-painful stimulus as painful and pain triggered by light touch (e.g. duvet).
How can you treat neuropathic pain?
The early detection and targeted treatment of polyneuropathies are important to prevent chronic pain and further complications.
Treatment for neuropathic pain is based on the Therapy of the underlying diseaseif possible (there is no causal treatment for congenital forms of polyneuropathy).
The spectrum non-drug treatment measures for neuropathic pain ranges from physical therapy, physical therapies (e.g. heat / cold treatments) up to special procedurethat can selectively influence certain nerve tracts.
Medicinal can cause neuropathic pain through a symptomatic pain therapy be treated. Treatment requires that Consideration of comorbidities as well as a carefully weighing the effectiveness and side effects on an individual basis of available drugs. For many patients today, a careful selection of the available drugs can help significant pain relief be achieved.
Neuropathic pain responds only to a very minor extent to standard pain relievers such as paracetamol or non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs.
Effective substances for the treatment of neuropathic pain (as basic therapeutic agents) are Anticonvulsants (e.g. carbamazepine or gabapentin), they are centrally acting, antispasmodic or antispasmodic substances and slow down the transmission of nerve impulses with the signal "pain". Thus the pain threshold is raised.
Also a few Antidepressants have an analgesic effect and are therefore often used in the therapy of neuropathic pain. If the pain is not sufficiently reduced by anticonvulsants, antidepressants or local anesthetics alone, they will be used Painkillers combined or replaced by these. Here come mainly Opioids Use: They suppress the transmission and processing of pain stimuli in the brain and spinal cord and thus have a pain-relieving effect. Opioids represent an important means in the treatment of neuropathic pain. In the treatment of neuropathic pain, two, and occasionally three, of these basic therapeutic agents are often combined with one another. The different mechanisms of action can complement each other. The effectiveness can thus be improved and the dose of the individual drugs can be reduced, which reduces the risk of side effects.
This page is for informational purposes only and can in no way replace advice from a doctor or pharmacist.
- Will millennials have enough money to retire?
- Why are chopsticks imported to the Philippines
- What is the reason to exist
- What best describes the hipster look
- What is an MQTT Broker
- What is something that gives you PTSD
- Why didn't China invade and occupy Mongolia?
- Are red and blue complementary colors
- Atoms make a sound
- Caffeine can cause severe hypomania
- Why doesn't my wife want me
- What use is power
- What are the benefits of improvisation
- Sarahah is a good app
- What does encrypted code mean
- Why didn't Sakura love Naruto
- Israel's health quality deteriorates
- Who made the movie Logan
- Turmeric has polyrheumatoid effects on rheumatoid arthritis
- What is a medium air conditioner
- Why are video games so bad
- How can I build an effective prototype
- Sound sensitivity causes anxiety
- How many Nigerians are in Silicon Valley
- What are the different types of bullfighters
- Why are elephants endangered
- What is the progress in the Lucknow subway
- Sissy Spacek had a nose job
- How is popcorn made 1
- Who wrote the biography of Shakespeare
- Are there extraterrestrial installations on the moon
- Why is soda carbonated?
- Why is DaVinci Resolve used
- How was your child's worst school teacher