Is Amazon's fire stick worth the money
Leave a comment
Published on January 8, 2020
When it comes to cloud hosting, there are two most trusted sources out there, Amazon and Rackspace. However, which one you need to choose depends on the needs of the user.
Here we compare the two with five main aspects: price, built-in features, auto-scaling features, availability zones, and customer support.
The following table compares the prices of both services for Linux servers
Here are a few important points to keep in mind:
1. RackSpace offers low cost access to its cloud computing offerings. If you need more resources over time, it can get quite expensive. However, it depends on the type of web application you want to create.
2. It is interesting to note that RackSpace is unable to append storage at the variable block level. So if you need more storage, you'll need to move the extra storage up.
While for AWS you have the option to store your files on the instance itself and / or configure EBS (Elastic Block Storage) or block level storage for your instance regardless of its tier.
3. AWS offers a 1 year free trial that is very useful for developers to test and run their websites. Here is a screenshot of the AWS free usage tier with monthly specifications:
* These free tiers are only available to new AWS customers and are available for 12 months after the AWS registration date.
** These free tiers do not expire after 12 months and are available to both existing and new AWS customers for an indefinite period of time.
2. Built-in functions
Amazon (AWS) offers scalable, fast and easy-to-use services such as SQS (Simple Queue Service), SNS (Simple Notification Service), SES (Simple Email Service that can be used as an outgoing SMTP server) and DynamoDB (DB Keystore Value ). They may not work perfectly if you built the services yourself, but they are there when their developers are gone.
However, in RackSpace, all functions require third-party help, such as: B. if you want a simple email service that you can get through Sendgrid or with a postmark etc.
3.Automatic scaling functions
Amazon (AWS) offers native scaling.
You need to pair this with your CloudWatch to monitor the health and status of your instances. You will also need to use your ELB (Elastic Load Balancing) to spread the load across several similar substances. As the load increases, AWS AutoScale deploys another similar instance. The ELB recognizes that there is a new instance and forwards new requests to this instance.
RackSpace does not inherently support auto-scaling.
To have a system like AWS, you can turn to RightScale. They work essentially the same as the AWS AutoScale features, except that RightScale lets you manage many types of servers with any cloud provider since you upload your "agent" to their server.
This is important for customers who have concerns about data center security or policy requirements.
AWS servers are available in 5 zones:
Northern Virginia (US-East), Northern California (US-West), Ireland (EU-West), Singapore (AP-Southeast) and Tokyo (AP-Northeast).
RackSpace has 9 physical data centers, but only 3 of them are dedicated to cloud services, i.e. in Chicago, USA, Dallas, USA and London, UK.
Both RackSpace and Amazon respond to their customers' queries in no time, but the advantage of RackSpace over AWS is that they offer live chat support, which is a hectic process for newbies to setting up and managing servers.
When you need built-in features, options, and ways to optimize and optimize your system, choose AWS.
If you are looking for a low start-up cost, choose RackSpace.
Sites like Pinterest and Quora use AWS, while the developer's favorite website, GitHub, uses RackSpace.
We gained experience with both services while working on a project. First we tested RackSpace and then after a while we decided on AWS because AWS is easily accessible, the integrated functions reduce the workload, are reliable and also cost effective.
We therefore recommend AWS.
Courtesy of Ben Dang
If you still have any questions, don't hesitate to ask them in the comments below the entry.
I like that:
- How is Google affecting culture
- When will a hospital start making a profit?
- Is it in Hindi
- Tap water is poisonous
- What makes people possible drug users
- What are the characteristics of computer science
- What are the best KAIZEN applications
- Why does nitrogen form three bonds
- What is a spectrometer
- What is an Enercell charger
- Is gold farming illegal in video games
- Which income tax calculator is more accurate
- Can the uniform UPI payment method work offline?
- Why computer monitors are not sensitive to the touch
- What is the most expensive bug in SDLC
- Are pyramid schemes illegal
- Who runs Scoopwhoop com
- How rich was Pablo Escobar then
- Which headphones do you use Why
- Who uses the word while
- What stores do Full Tilt Clothing
- What does a distributor do
- How innovative was the IBM Selectric typewriter
- How exactly does religion work in America?