What is jQuery and Bootstrap
CSS framework Bootstrap is preparing to say goodbye to jQuery
Flexible font sizes for responsive design
The most interesting technical innovation of Bootstrap 4.3 is likely to be the customizable font sizes for responsive design. For the implementation, the creators have launched an independent sub-project on GitHub with Responsive Font Size (RFS). The font sizes adapt to the display of the smartphone or tablet or the browser window, whereby the relationship between the dynamic font sizes is retained.
Developers have to use the font-sizeProperty through the font-size-Mixin replace. The customization works with the CSS tools Sass, Less, Stylus and PostCSS. Responsive font sizes are currently switched off by default. You can use the Boolean variable $ enable-responsive-font-sizes activate.
On the way to Bootstrap 5 with Hugo and without jQuery
A change is also pending for the website generator: the team swaps Jekyll for Hugo. The former relies on Ruby, while the latter uses the Go programming language. The change is probably more due to the development performance than the technical scope.
A specific release date for Bootstrap 5 is not yet known. The last major version was in work for an extremely long time: the alpha phase started in summer 2015, and it took two and a half years for the release in January 2018.
Further details on version 4.3 and the plans for further development can be found on the Boostrap blog. The source code can be found on GitHub. The website offers binaries for download, but apparently still for the 4.1.0 release. The current release can, however, be obtained from npm. (rme)Read comments (37) Go to homepage
- How do I find a mentor
- How are neurons myelinated
- What are the advantages of mechanical engineering
- Why are no food trucks delivered?
- What does the name Badeh mean?
- Is John McCain the last good Republican
- Who is Mephisto
- Why can't my friend hear my thoughts
- Can I take ibuprofen with Bystolic
- Leonardo da Vinci died a virgin
- Why did Draupadi insult Karna
- Why did the world war happen?
- Which is better MyFitnessPal or lots of IT
- British rappers make good music
- Is there a security gap in the RSA cryptosystem
- How to make cold brew tea
- Only rich people can buy a Ferrari
- When is Unreal Engine 5 coming out?
- What is the name of a 3-pitch inning
- Why do I need contractual partner insurance?
- What's the craziest chemical reaction
- Why is Java still at the top
- What was your proudest parenting moment
- What is IGCAR