Have Chamaeleon's scales
The chameleon in comparison
The chameleon scientifically
Furcifer pardalis sambava
German name: Panther chameleon
Scientific name: Furcifer pardalis
Habitat: Northern half of Madagascar
Protection status: WA II
The panther chameleon (Furcifer pardalis) is a large species of chameleon found in the northern and northeastern coastal lowlands of the island of Madagascar.
Males are 55 cm long on Madagascar and 44 cm long on Reunion, females stay smaller. Along their backs, the animals have a sloping crest made of large, closely spaced, spiky scales. The same scales can be found on the dewlap. Clear stripes (lateral stripes) can be seen along the side of the body, which contrast with the color of the body.
The color depends on the respective distribution areas. The males of the northern tip of Madagascar are particularly colorful. The females there are green with red markings. On Nosy Bé, the males are light green with white, gray, red or light blue stripes, the females are dirty yellow, gray, pink or purple. On Nosy Boraha, the panther chameleons are more gray with white stripes.
The Ambilobe males have a green basic color. Below the lateral stripe, as well as on the legs and throat, this turns into yellowish orange shades. The transverse bands are brownish red, the lateral stripe blue turquoise and the lips white.
In females, the basic color is orange with darker transverse bands. The lateral stripe and the lips are light orange. The head has a bluish scale.
- Why is Bach the king of counterpoint
- How to say guess in French
- Can WIFI be hacked remotely
- What are blackhat links
- Can a dead person be resuscitated 1
- How can I fight against being angry?
- Is Ronald Koeman the new Alex Ferguson
- How do I fake the food of an edible
- Russia is safer than America these days
- Why are people sexually deviant
- When will we have further developed biological nanobots?
- What is a popular hobby in Latvia
- What kind of GK comes in SNAP
- What is support in basketball
- What is a spell of black magic
- What does a library cataloger do
- How has streaming TV changed your life
- Why can't I shop on the Dunhills website
- How fast is Superman's response time
- How can I identify sural nerve pain
- Can you die of liver failure
- Which operating systems does MSP support
- Why does RNA have a single strand
- Which song has flute music
- Why are carpets becoming less and less popular?
- Why did women not lead civilizations
- What is the oxygen in the water
- Life in Norway is difficult
- What does Half Caste
- What does caste mean
- What are the options after completing civil
- Why is Brawlhalla free
- What is artificial intelligence distributed
- What is the maximum current for 16mm cable