How is the EEE department in BMSCE
Why we all have to rethink to reinvent mobility
The history of Western medicine begins with a jealous drama.
Convicted of an affair, the god Apollo sends his heavily pregnant lover, a Greek princess, to death by fire. Their son survives and is chosen by the remorseful Apollo to be raised to be the progenitor of medicine.
The child's name: Asclepius.
The basics of surgery, medicine and healthy nutrition go back to the Greek Asklepios legend to this day. To this day, doctors swear their professional oath on his descendants, Hippocrates of Kos.
A leading clinic operator in Germany today bears the name of the ancient legendary figure and shares his legacy: the Asklepios clinics. Founded in 1985, Asklepios now operates around 170 health facilities in which more than 2 million people are treated every year.
Hospitals - a blind spot for digitization?
Of course, the modern clinic association has different challenges to master than the mythological namesake, for example the digitization of medicine. This was not yet an issue in antiquity, but today it is at the center of interest in business, politics and society.
The pressure to innovate is particularly high in the clinic sector. In Germany, the hospital is still considered a place where digitization is not yet sufficiently taking place. The administration of clinics in particular is repeatedly criticized as slow and despondent.
Anyone who asks about digitalization blockades in the hospital sector comes across unsurprising diagnoses: insufficient investments, a lack of specialist staff in IT departments, inadequate data standards.
For Christian Egle, Head of Health Care at EY, these are only symptoms of the real blockade of digitization: “Hospitals are usually expanded modularly to include departments and companies. These individual companies often operate their own administrations with their own administrative systems. Over time, rag rugs are created. Standardization and economies of scale become impossible. This is exactly where digitization initiatives have to start: with the internal, often historically created mess. "
If you want synergies, integrated control and transformative applications, says Egle, you will inevitably have to rethink structures and processes on the path to digitization.
Asklepios is continuously investing in the digital transformation
Asklepios Kliniken was one of the first clinic groups in German-speaking countries to embark on this path. Asklepios will continue to invest heavily in the digitization of its own clinics in the coming years. A large number of digital patient offers have already gone onto the market in recent years.
In spring 2019, Asklepios' digitization initiative then turned inward. Strong growth in recent years and various company acquisitions had also led to a complex process and system landscape.
Reason enough for the management to take a decisive step towards harmonization, standardization and scaling.
First hospital network based on the latest SAP standard
The goal: to be the first clinic association in the German-speaking region to put the S / 4HANA software system from SAP into operation - and thus to equip your own administration with completely new possibilities for data-driven planning, organization and material procurement.
“We wanted to provide the Asklepios clinics with a new, high-performance business brain. With the technology from SAP and the expertise from EY, we wanted to exhaust all possibilities for our patients, colleagues and suppliers that technology offers us today, ”says Thomas Koschmieder, program manager at Asklepios Service IT GmbH.
Necessary on the way to the new brain: tidying up, tearing down, rethinking and merging confused structures, processes and data standards that are typical for hospital associations.
- How do GPUs work in graphics processors
- What are the best hotels in Pondicherry
- Is Summerlin a safe place to live
- Are narcissists dysfunctional
- Is viral B2B marketing even possible?
- What's your rating of Apache Flink
- How do you buy a Redbox DVD
- Is the South China Sea legal
- How do halogens react with water
- Why are African American Republicans viewed negatively
- How do you diagnose emphysema
- What are aura readings
- How did Sauron Soeldner hire
- Top 10 populous cities in India 2019
- What is the advantage of scientific inventions
- What are the calories in bisto sauce
- What is a TRS 80
- What are the induced voltage requirements
- The crime in China is drastically underreported
- Can carry noise from water into the air
- Ankylosaurus lived in Australia
- Can cause Crohn's disease
- What is 1000 DPI
- What's the big deal with RISC V.
- Can Walking Reduce Anxiety
- Have you read Throne Of Glass?
- What affects the trading volume
- What are some of the arguments in favor of homeschooling
- Why is the Syrian President Assad not murdered
- When is Ohm's law not applicable?
- Why is a motherboard called that
- What is a symphony in music
- Do cooking classes in Mumbai well
- How do you accept imperfection in writing