How can diarrhea affect pregnancy
Diarrhea in early pregnancy
Many pregnant women suffer from digestive problems, especially in the first trimester. Why does diarrhea occur in early pregnancy and when should you do something about it?
Especially at the beginning of a pregnancy, the body reacts to the extreme change in hormones with various and unfamiliar niggles. Digestive complaints are also among the reactions that can be triggered by hormones. They manifest themselves primarily through nausea and vomiting, but also through flatulence and constipation. Constipation is caused by rising levels of progesterone in the blood. Because the hormone also affects the intestinal muscles. Likewise, the increased pressure of the growing uterus on the intestines can lead to constipation during pregnancy. However, it is not uncommon for pregnant women to suffer from diarrhea in the first trimester. Diarrhea is when you pass thin stools more than three times a day.
Diarrhea in Early Pregnancy - How Does It Come About?
While nausea and constipation at the beginning of pregnancy can be hormone-related, diarrhea has other causes. The intestine reacts sensitively and individually to different influences. Diarrhea triggers include:
- Bacterial or viral infections
- Food intolerance
- Change of diet to another diet
- Stress and excitement
- Food poisoning
To determine a bacterial infection at home, you can find the vaginal self-test from Canestest (approx. 10 euros, at Aponeo) *.
As a rule, a short episode of diarrhea is neither harmful to the expectant mother nor to the unborn child. Rather, it is a healthy reaction of the intestine, which wants to get rid of uninvited guests as quickly as possible. However, if the symptoms persist and persist for more than three days, you should not only counter-steer yourself, but rather seek advice from a doctor so as not to take any risks. The loss of water could lead to dehydration and a lack of nutrients, which could lead to an excessive imbalance in your electrolyte balance. This can harm you and your unborn child.
Diarrhea In Early Pregnancy - What Can You Do?
First of all, it is important to allow yourself rest, minimize stress factors and, above all, regulate your fluid balance. Drink a lot is the motto - herbal teas or broths are digestible and nourishing drinks in this phase. Charcoal tablets (at Aponeo, suitable for pregnant women and children) * can also help without harming you or your child. Because coal binds pollutants in the intestine and discharges them. Moro’s carrot soup is also a tried and tested product. Here a pound of carrots is boiled with a little salt for over an hour, so that the carrots release a certain sugar molecule, which protects the intestines. Other foods can also help get rid of the diarrhea. These are among others:
- Grated apple with peel (the pectin binds liquid)
- Gruel or rice gruel mixed in water
- Pureed banana
Change in diet as a cause of diarrhea in early pregnancy
Some diarrheal diseases also arise from a change in diet to foods that are very high in fiber and vital substances. Many expectant mothers begin to eat healthily at the beginning of their pregnancy. This can be a challenge for a bowel that is not used to it, and it initially responds with diarrhea. The recommendation is to stick to the healthy diet, as it is always better for the child's development. The bowel usually only needs a short time to adjust, so that the stool returns to normal.
If you would like more information about proper nutrition during pregnancy, we can highly recommend the book Nutrition in Pregnancy by Marlene Friedmann for 7.99 euros on Amazon *.
If there is no improvement after about three days, if you are also suffering from cramps and fever and possibly even have blood in your stool, you should definitely consult a doctor or alternative practitioner. He can advise you on how to safely get your diarrhea under control for you and your child.
- Was Philip bigger than Alexander
- Is Nicolas Maduro a good president
- How can you see ABC Family online
- What are the most interesting phenomena
- How did the virtual reality come about
- How many horses are there in Australia
- Are integrated graphics cards upgradeable
- Why does sperm come out when urinating?
- Which commercial airlines still use DC 10
- What is the scope of a chart
- Money Affects Your Marriage
- Who is the best American model
- Why do some elephants die of hunger?
- What is a signal source
- What is the significance of electromagnetic radiation
- What is the origin of randomness
- Is the Micromax Q381 a standard ROM
- How do you diagnose emphysema
- What made you the way you are today
- Where can I trade Altcoins with leverage
- Does our health follow a cyclical trend?
- What are brisk string music
- Who found phone numbers
- What do electricity meter stands mean
- Girls should do strength training at the gym
- What are some characteristics of the American State of Emergency
- How do you make yourself thin
- What is your favorite large breed of dog
- How does photosynthesis reduce global warming
- When should programmers use recursion
- What is a world wiki
- Why does nobody see my Twitch stream
- Will chemical companies employ an electrical engineer?
- How can GearBest keep prices so low