You should get a massage before the chiropractor
Chiropractic treatment - the concept
We introduce; the comprehensive chiropractic treatment - one contact person for all musculoskeletal pain - diagnosis, treatment and prevention from a single source!
Acute blockages of the cervical and lumbar spine can often be relieved with just a few treatments. If these blockages occur again and again, there is often a muscular imbalance, usually in the shoulder blade or hip area, which should also be corrected - this is the only way to become pain-free in the long term!
In my practice you will receive quick and uncomplicated help. The series of treatments usually consists of the initial examination (40 minutes) and 4 further sessions of 15-20 minutes duration. This saves a considerable amount of time on physiotherapy (usually 9 sessions of 30-45 minutes) at comparable costs. In addition to treating current complaints, I will show you the cause of the complaints and give you exercises with which you can prevent complaints yourself in the future.
The initial consultation includes the anamnesis / discussion of the complaints, a physical examination, whereby the mobility, strength and muscle tone of the patient are assessed, as well as the diagnosis and discussion with the patient. In most cases, exercises are given that the patient can do independently at home. If necessary, x-rays can also be taken.
I expect four to five consultations within two weeks for new patients. Experience shows that most acute complaints can be completely improved within time. If there has been pain in the musculoskeletal system for a long time, the first clear progress should be seen after five treatments, so that one can assess the further course and benefit of the therapy.
If you cannot keep an appointment, it can be postponed up to 24 hours in advance free of charge. If you do not appear, we will charge 40 francs for our activities.
Information on chiropractic treatment
Modern chiropractic, as I practice it, uses manual manipulations (the well-known "cracking") of the spine and extremities, as well as mobilizations and deep massages / stretching of muscles and tendons. The crack itself is painless; it arises when the joint is moved to the extreme end of its natural range of motion, so that a negative pressure arises in the joint, which often leads to a cracking. By stretching the joint, there is a reflex inhibition of the surrounding muscles, which quickly relieves tension. In addition, if the symptoms persist, stretching and strengthening the trunk and shoulder / hip muscles is usually unavoidable. In my practice, this is done individually for the patient, according to the specific musculoskeletal therapy. All exercises can be done independently at home - a fitness subscription is not necessary - and only take a few minutes a day.
- Acute neck and back problems (lumbago / torticollis)
- Radiation and / or tingling in arms and legs
- Herniated discs in the neck and lower back
- Chronic neck and back pain
- Foot pain (heel spur, Morton's neuroma, suspected radiation from the lumbar spine)
- Hip problems (osteoarthritis / impingement)
- Sacroiliac joint problems
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- TMJ discomfort
- a headache
- Pseudo heart pain (pressure on the chest / tightness)
- Rib blockages
- Back pain in pregnancy
- Shoulder pain (impingement / frozen shoulder)
- Difficulty swallowing / bollus feeling in the throat
- Sports injuries
- Lumbar spine stenosis (intermittent claudication)
- Tennis elbow
- Second opinions in the case of complex musculoskeletal symptoms / before operations
Information on the training of Swiss chiropractors
Chiropractors of the Swiss Chiropractor Society (SCG) undergo a 6-year training course to become a Dr. in chiropractic, as well as a two-and-a-half year further education as a specialist chiropractor. The training can now take place entirely at the University of Zurich; earlier this was only possible in Canada / the USA and England. I myself studied medicine for two years in Zurich before I switched to the AECC (Anglo-European college of chiropractics) in England for four years to study chiropractic.
Chiropractor is a protected professional title in Switzerland, but mostly not abroad. Chiropractic as a form of treatment is also not protected in Switzerland, so that it can be offered by all doctors / therapists and healers. As a rule, however, only the SCG / ECU chiropractor has a sound, multi-year training in the manipulation of the spine.
As with the family doctor, the treatment is covered in full by the basic health insurance / accident insurance. If there is no family doctor model, patients can also visit a chiropractor directly without being referred. If you are insured in a family doctor or Telmed model, please contact the responsible authorities first.
Patients from abroad (mostly Austria / Germany) can be treated against cash payment or an invoice. In some cases, health insurance abroad also pays for all or part of the treatment costs.
Information for referring physicians
Patients can be registered with us directly by telephone at any time, or they can be summoned by us. In the case of more complicated processes, we ask for a diagnosis and / or a list of medications for better preparation. If necessary, a longer initial consultation of one hour can be requested.
The specialist responsibility is transferred with the referral to the chiropractor. If you wish, I will contact you if further clarifications (MRI, neurology, rheumatology) are necessary. Unless otherwise requested, I will send you a report on the course of treatment. If you are unsure whether chiropractic therapy is indicated / possible for a patient, please do not hesitate to contact me by phone (071 227 10 60) or via email ([email protected]).
Information on certain clinical pictures
Please also consult my blog regarding common treatment indications and clinical pictures in chiropractic.
With regard to Prof. Stuart McGill and the McGill Method, backfitpro.com will help you.
- Has anyone ever regretted using Spirit Boards?
- Is a hydrogen bond possible without a hydrogen atom
- Are there ever speed cameras on highways
- How do I register for a gTLD
- Who invented the bouzouki?
- How do I update Photoshop CC
- What's your rating of woodworking
- What is a square volume
- How does the PHP interpreter work
- What are soldiers doing
- What does liquid natural gas look like
- Can I get an adult husky?
- Catacombs are still used today
- How many of you know Jollibee
- How do nuclear codes work
- What needs to be legalized in India
- The diploma in electronics is easy
- Is nylon stronger than steel
- What happened to the Pakistani textile industry
- How is cryogenics not a scam
- What is framing organizational management
- Do we need a vice president
- What is your definition of intuition
- Is Jeremy Lin still in the NBA