Is that sentence correct Mama came
This is how learning to speak works
The stages of language development *
0 to 3 months
What the baby can do: Weeping in different tones, cooing and chuckling. The baby communicates with facial expressions, maybe already smiles consciously.
This is how mom and dad support: Chat a lot with the child and keep eye contact. Repeat the sounds the baby is making and generally "respond" to utterances.
3 to 6 months
What the baby can do: Smacking and hissing noises, vowels, first syllables (babbling), it reacts to noises.
This is how mom and dad support: Reply and translate your baby's sounds. Comment on things that are happening. "Look, the ball is rolling towards you." Or: "Emma gets a fresh diaper." Include toys with contrasting colors.
6 to 8 months
What the baby can do: The babbling increases, it is already babbling in double syllables (bababa, gagaga) and forming signs. It already understands individual words, such as its name.
This is how mom and dad support: Use songs, finger games, knee riders, or rhymes to grab your baby's attention. Include the child's name often. Ask questions such as, "Where's the teddy bear?"
8 to 12 months
What the baby can do: Sound combinations are assigned to certain things and categories, it understands individual words and recognizes prohibitions or tasks.
This is how mom and dad support: Small tasks ("get the car"), question and hide-and-seek games stimulate the joy of speaking, and you will find out which terms the little one can correctly assign. Look at simple picture books, name what you see. Gradually use the correct terms and speak in full sentences.
12 to 18 months
That can do it child: First words, one-word utterances (Mama, Papa, WauWau, Ba for ball, Ka for cat), proto words (Didi for pacifier). It speaks about 50 words at a year and a half.
This is how mom and dad support: Comment a lot on what you do. Have the child choose between two options (such as, "Do you like the doll or the ball?"). Look at picture books with high-contrast, clear pictures, let the child find familiar things in them.
18 to 24 months
That can do it child: Two to three word sentences pile up. It produces around 200 words, combining nouns, verbs, and adjectives. It uses verbs in their basic form at the end of a sentence.
This is how mom and dad support: Matching games, hidden object and puzzle books. If your child speaks a word incorrectly, repeat it correctly in the next sentence ("Grandma came." - "Exactly, Grandma came.")
24 to 36 months
That can do it child: First more complicated phonetic connections (ch, gl), short sentences, why-questions, verbs (in the correct sentence position) and pronouns (I, mine). It can name colors, recognize actions in pictures.
This is how mom and dad support: Read aloud, have people retold, paint, knead, role-play. Name feelings.
And so it goes on:
Up to 4 years
Difficult consonants (R) are learned.
Up to 5 years
All sounds (except s / sh) can be formed correctly. The child knows over 2000 words, can count up to ten and uses simple grammatical rules correctly (questions, plural, simple main and subordinate clauses, simple past).
Up to 6 years
The sound formation should be completed. Grammatical rules are applied correctly (sentence structure, tenses, articles).
* Overview created in cooperation with Prof. Dr. Steffi Sachse, developmental psychologist at the Heidelberg University of Education, and Prof. Dr. Barbara Höhle, psycholinguist at the University of Potsdam
- Smarter people have brighter, more vibrant eyes
- Why don't good people get on
- Does Malwarebytes work on Mac
- What technological changes led to industrialization?
- How can stars be seen from space
- What is a hardware wallet
- May men playful women
- Why shouldn't I flaunt my wealth?
- Why do users stay on Facebook
- How to Recover Locked iPhone
- When does a person start to hate themselves?
- How do I sell currency
- What needs to be legalized in India
- What is RTC Arduino
- VPN works with Disney Plus
- How can I build my entrepreneurship
- How can a country reduce income inequality
- How can you increase cardiovascular capacity quickly
- Describe the world
- Moksha in Hinduism, what is it about
- Earth's gravity is constant
- Is kpop popular in India
- Satan is the root of all evil
- Which GPA corresponds to 55