What do dogs think of human urine
Urine: An ideal fertilizer in the garden
A super fertilizer, self-produced and containing nitrogen: gardener Peter Rasch shows what urine can do in the garden and which plants it is particularly suitable for.
There are things that you do, but you don't talk about them. Garden expert Peter Rasch has therefore taken up the subject of urine in the garden and says: "Take a piss in the garden". Because urine is a pretty good fertilizer.
Some gardeners also call it gold water, and for good reason: it contains potassium, magnesium and a lot of nitrogen. One adult's urine is enough to supply a 400-square-meter garden with complete fertilizer. This means that urine has an enormous fertilizing potential.
Only use urine diluted with water as a fertilizer
Urine is a liquid fertilizer concentrate that must never be applied undiluted. Depending on how high the nutrient requirement of the respective plant is - medium, low or high consumers - it is diluted with water in a ratio between 1:10 and 1:20 and then applied to the cultures.
Avoid unpleasant odors
If urine is freshly applied as an organic fertilizer and diluted well, there is no unpleasant odor. This actually only happens if the dosage is incorrect and too much urine is applied - or if the urine has been stored. Then bacteria join in, nitrogen is converted into ammonia and it smells unpleasant.
Not all urine is suitable
Anyone who takes tablets or smokes a lot should refrain from using their own urine as an organic fertilizer. This would bring substances into the garden that shouldn't belong in the bed.
Garden expert Peter Rasch
Nasty pests, muddy lawns or invasive balsam: whenever there are problems in the garden, the gardening docs around gardener Peter Rasch come into action. Now the new season starts. 19 min
This topic in the program:
NDR television | NDR Talk Show | 08/14/2020 | 22:00 O'clock
- How do you enjoy art to the fullest
- Has anyone surprised you with its simplicity
- Why do I feel like me all
- Who is an insurance agent
- What does Se loger Convenablement French mean?
- What should I do after engineering
- Who can take a psychometric test
- What is repetition in art
- What is a popular hobby in Latvia
- How did the public see Darth Vader
- When did Sonic Youth make it big
- How good is the Allscripts company
- Are apple orange
- What is the brythonic word for honey?
- What are the main advantages of DDS
- Are Lexapro and Ritalin contraindicated
- Do you like a safe space?
- How do you optimize joins in SQL
- What is 13 reasons why in Portuguese
- How do you fry 1
- What does Pixel Shim
- Older guitars are worth something for collectors
- Visit non-religious Japanese temples
- Is vlogging on YouTube stressful?