Why is there too much hunger?
That has to happen so that we are full
It plays a big role in how much (or even too much) we eat Energy density. It shows how many calories a food has per gram. Muesli with milk, honey and fruit has 1.1 kilocalories per gram, a croissant 5.1 kilocalories.
Fatty foods have a high energy density - but they don't keep you full for a long time. If you want to watch your weight, you should take more food with you low energy density grab - they often contain little fat, but a lot of water, have the appropriate volume and thus convey a feeling of satiety. That means: water-containing and fiber-rich foods such as fruit, vegetables and whole grain products fill you up better than high-fat, low-water products.
Fibers fill you up with fiber - by volume
Dietary fiber, i.e. indigestible carbohydrates, has one due to its volume mechanical saturation effect - They stretch the stomach, but also the entire small intestine. In addition, the microbiota form volatile fatty acids in the intestine, which then leads to the production of satiating hormones in the large intestine.
Make you particularly full: proteins
Meat, fish, dairy products and legumes are said to have a particularly high satiety potential. Studies have shown that energy from proteins is more satisfying than energy from carbohydrates or fat.
Why has not yet been conclusively researched. Susanne Klaus suspects that amino acids are roughly the system of Appetite regulation influence.
Physiologist Wolfgang Langhans from ETH Zurich explains that there are probably several reasons for the saturation effect of proteins: On the one hand, proteins stimulate the formation of satiety hormones. They also help that Ketone bodies are formed in the liver - these ketone bodies are used as a source of energy and also have a satiating effect. Another reason: Individual amino acids, especially leucine, have a comparatively quick effect on the Formation of neurotransmitters, report the "saturation" to the brain. According to Langhans, this happens within a few minutes.
Another advantage of proteins: Their digestion uses a lot of energy. This can also help to avoid gaining weight.
- What do people buy on the internet
- What notoriety drives you crazy
- How long can the average phone last
- Is military training psychologically abusive
- Upload my APK
- How do I get motivated for 2020
- What is the competitive advantage of Evernotes
- What are the most interesting phenomena
- Air pollution causes mood swings
- Which proxies are good for Amazon Scrape
- Border guards are federal employees
- Is 71 good in B Tech ECE
- Which country exports oil and terrorism
- Has formal schooling made teaching more difficult
- Why are they called carrier bags
- Where can I buy Bitcoin in Nairobi
- Has a butterfly ever landed on you
- Quora uses the PageRank algorithm
- What is Wilsonianism
- What are experimental and non-experimental data
- How to make mulled wine
- Which sound do you find comforting
- How to hack Platform Racing 3
- Are scientists overrated