Have you ever eaten pozole
Do you choose [corn] for pozole?
Pozole is traditionally made from nixtamalized corn, also known as nixtamal or hominy. So yeah, of course you can use Hominy - you should use that! Canned hominy / nixtamal is widely available. I believe some areas have dried whole nixtamal and possibly even fresh nixtamal - but I'm not sure I've ever seen this in Texas so I'm not sure how lucky you will be.
As with anything, people say fresher is better; However, I cannot personally support this as I failed to find it where I live. I did a pozole, however, which I found to be pretty good with canned hominy. Since you plan on pozole rojo, you will have many other flavors that I expect will make the difference between canned and fresh less noticeable.
I suppose if you wanted to try nixtamalizing your own corn to get the optimal pozol, you and you could have the time. I never tried myself. From what I've read, the cooking / soaking times vary depending on what you're going to be doing with the Nixtamal. For pozole, you don't have to boil and soak the corn as long as it continues to cook in the stew. I've seen various instructions online. For example, on this side it says cook for 15 minutes, soak another 5-10 minutes, while on this side you want to cook for 40-50 minutes. After that, rinse it thoroughly to remove the limescale and hulls (softened by the limescale) before cooking it in your pozole. I imagine that each of these cooking times would produce something satisfying. naturally more tender with the longer. Also note that if you don't remove the top cap, the corn won't get its nice puff shape (one of those sites calls it a pedicel - not sure if that's the right term).
So, with a lot of effort and a sense of adventure, you could actually make your own nixtamal (hominy), and it could be better, but you can also do something extremely good with hominy already made and take no chances for something I suspect you are feeding others.
- Which are the excellent Vigilante TV series
- Can graphic designers go paperless
- How does dialysis work
- Is Gowli Shastra real
- Is the existence of new elements possible?
- Why are some people forced to vandalize
- What is an intermolecular force
- How can you get TurboSquid models
- What ideas are worth acting on impulsively
- Where does nuclear fission occur naturally?
- What's your rating of TimesJobs
- What will happen when India joins OBOR
- Is Adam Sandler racist
- How is BIMT Gurgaon for an MBA
- Is OOP required for embedded engineering
- What is a signal source
- Does kefir really improve gut health
- How can you quote SIGGRAPH papers
- How are American Football shoulder pads designed
- How do I forward everything in Outlook
- How can you repel mosquitoes of course
- Why did Apple acquire Texture
- Can I have poetry advice
- What are the causes for the top speed
- What are some startups that are hacking nuclear fusion
- What should I start selling on the internet
- Reacts hydrogen peroxide with nitric acid
- How do you feel about psionics
- What is a good introductory text to physics
- How is the hostel life at JIIT
- Why does physical pain relieve emotional distress
- What Ayurvedic medicine makes a penis heavy
- How healthy are crab legs
- What do conservatives actually stand for?