What is a user interface
User interface. (user interface) Also user interface, human-machine interface. B. is the set of properties and functions through which the user is connected to the system, especially to the processor and the memory of the system. Since from the point of view of economic use of the computer it is important to use the performance of the processor and memory as much as possible, the type of B. is of decisive importance. High-performance interfaces allow the computer to be fully utilized, but in turn represent significant cost factors. Weak interfaces are cheap themselves, but generally do not allow the system to be fully utilized. The interface itself is embodied both by hardware, namely the peripheral devices (especially the screen and keyboard), and by software, namely the programs that establish the connection between internal processing and input and output. The following principle applies: If less powerful hardware is used, this poor performance must be compensated for by increased software expenditure, which puts additional strain on the processor and the memory. If, on the other hand, powerful hardware is used, the internal components are relieved. From this point of view, the devices used for input and output as well as the programs that support input and output can be designated as B.
Only when technical and ergonomic conditions have been optimized as a whole, one speaks of a functional B. It is about an optimal adaptation between human and system, whereby in modern terms the human side has a much greater weight than the machine-technical aspects.
(The above definition is - slightly abbreviated - taken from the Computer Encyclopedia by Hans Schulte rororo)
- Why do boats sail faster downstream
- Who are Yaduvanshi Rajputs
- What is statement coverage
- What web products should be created
- Where is muhammad in the bible
- What celebrity inspired you the most
- How are the Russians
- Do people speak less to strangers now
- How did Steven Seagal get so fat
- What's a new word for guilt?
- Advantages of natural stone cladding
- Is a tattoo really dangerous?
- Is my power supply, motherboard or CPU broken
- Is SATA a bus or an interface
- Why do people pierce their cartilage
- Can Muslims survive in Vietnam at all?
- Has anyone really made money with Tsu
- How much weight can airplanes carry
- What is the name of a 3-pitch inning
- What is Scrum Increment in Software Development
- Should i make music
- Can I pursue BBA with actuarial science
- What is the strangest store in California
- How do you define the satisfaction of your career for life