Is autism an autoimmune disease
Gluten-free diets are worth a try for autism!
Many parents with autistic children therefore do not only pay attention to a gluten-free diet. Most of the time, the gluten-free diet is also kept dairy-free or at least casein-free (casein is one of several proteins in milk).
Not always, but in some cases this diet could significantly improve the children's well-being (5). It can therefore be assumed that not all, but at least some of the autistic children can benefit from a certain form of nutrition, so that it obviously seems a good idea to test certain forms of nutrition with autism.
Now, however, warnings are often given against a gluten-free diet, as if it were malnutrition and as if children fed gluten-free were suffering terribly. Of course, a gluten-free diet can be designed in very different ways (like probably every form of nutrition) - namely healthy, but also very unhealthy.
A healthy gluten-free diet usually provides more vital substances than a conventional gluten-free diet, so that it does not pose any risk. On the contrary! We have already reported in detail on this topic here: Gluten-free diet - but right! and here: Gluten-free nutrition: consumer advice centers advise against - we clarify
Since all of our recipes are dairy-free, they are also automatically casein-free, so you can try all the gluten-free recipes from our cooking studio.
Correction / addition from April 15, 2020
We have under "Can gluten lead to autism?" two more sources added: the studies / sources (7) and (8).
Your donation helps us
If you enjoyed this article, we would appreciate a small contribution to our work! Donate now with Paypal.
Distance training to become a holistic nutritionist
Are you interested in what's in our food and want to know how nutrients and vital substances affect the body? Do you want a healthy life for yourself, your family and fellow human beings? Nutritionists are popular - but the holistic aspect that is needed for sustainable health is often forgotten when giving advice. At the Academy of Naturopathy, you will get to know the connections between lifestyle and diet as well as physical and psychological well-being.
That educates interested people like you in around 16 months to become a holistic nutritionist out.
Is this article worth reading?
Share this article
- (1) Lau NM, Green PHR et al., Markers of Celiac Disease and Gluten Sensitivity in Children with Autism, PloS One, June 2013
- (2) Herbert MR, Buckley JA., Autism and dietary therapy: case report and review of the literature, Journal of Child Neurology, August 2013
- (3) Atladóttir HO et al. Association of Family History of Autoimmune Diseases and Autism Spectrum Disorders. Pediatrics. 2009 Aug; 124 (2): 687-94.
- (4) Ludvigsson JF et al., A Nationwide Study of the Association Between Celiac Disease and the Risk of Autistic Spectrum Disorders, JAMA Psychiatry. 2013 Nov; 70 (11): 1224-30.
- (5) Piwowarczyk A et al. Gluten- and Casein-free Diet and Autism Spectrum Disorders in Children: A Systematic Review, European Journal of Nutrition. 2017 Jun 13. (epub ahead of print)
- (6) Gluten is a protein complex that is mainly found in wheat, but is also found in other types of grain, such as B. in spelled, barley and rye. However, every type of grain contains a species-specific gluten, so that there are people who z. B. spelled well tolerated, but not wheat.
- (7) Rahmoune H, Boutrid N. Autism & Gluten: The Proof By Regression !. Pediatr Neurol Briefs. 2018; 32: 9. Published 2018 Sep 14. doi: 10.15844 / pedneurbriefs-32-9
- (8) Whiteley, Paul & Shattock, Paul & Knivsberg, Ann-Mari & Seim, Anders & Reichelt, Karl & Todd, Lynda & Carr, Kevin & Hooper, Malcolm. (2012). Gluten- and casein-free dietary intervention for autism spectrum conditions. Frontiers in human neuroscience. 6. 344.10.3389 / fnhum.2012.00344.
Notice on health issues
This information is passed to the best of my knowledge and belief. They are intended exclusively for those interested and for further training and are in no way to be understood as diagnostic or therapeutic instructions. We do not assume any liability for damages of any kind, which arise directly or indirectly from the use of the information. If you suspect illness, please consult your doctor or alternative practitioner
Subscribe to Newsletter
Exciting information about health and nutrition
1x per month
Login Successful. You will shortly receive a confirmation at the specified email address.
With your registration you allow the regular sending of the newsletter and accept the data protection regulations.
HEALTH CENTER © 2021 Neosmart Consulting AG. All rights reserved.
- How to write a reading answer essay
- Can we make money with Quorra How
- What alphabets did you create
- How can you redeem JOOX VIP points
- Who are the founders of Lean Startup
- Should Indian reservations be abolished
- Which profession creates English words
- How can I maintain my RV roof
- What do the colors of the Dallas Cowboys mean
- Which website builder should I choose
- Why doesn't Trump like Obama so much
- Who sang this song Anything Goes
- What are the causes of temperature changes
- How to play rancheras on guitar
- Where are you going to go shopping tomorrow
- How does fishing rain happen 1
- Which universities accept DAVV CET
- Is your spouse a suitable personality type
- Why do i love butts
- Why are the mining fees so high
- What is a muscle function
- Descends Lady Gaga's star
- Which hit had the strangest title
- Where is the US Embassy in Hawaii