Should Stormzy run the Glastonbury Festival
The Reading and Leeds Festival will have two main stages in each location in 2021
Reading and Leeds Festival will be back next year with six headliners spread across two main stages in each location.
The event, with the file switching between Reading and Leeds, was supposed to take place last weekend but has been canceled due to the coronavirus pandemic.
Now the 2021 headliners will be Stormzy, Liam Gallagher, Post Malone, Catfish And The Bottlemen, Disclosure and Queens Of The Stone Age.
Up to 200,000 fans are expected at the events next year - from August 27th to 29th.
Festival Republic organizer director Melvin Benn said it was her "most epic plan yet".
"Two main stages, six headliners, the best cast of acts in 2021 and 200,000 fans will celebrate the best music," he added.
Considered the second largest after Glastonbury by many live music fans on the UK's annual music calendar, the event will also include AJ Tracey, Doja Cat, Lewis Capaldi, Mabel and the Two Door Cinema Club, as well as rappers Ashnikko, DaBaby and Fever 333.
- Vale Earth Fair Festival in Covid-Free Guernsey - BBC News
- Festival staff "devastated" by summer of cancellations - BBC News
Rapper Stormzy and former Oasis frontman Gallagher - along with rock band Rage Against The Machine - were to lead the 2020 events, and the organizers were able to keep the services of both British superstars.
Gallagher said: "Yes, brothers and sisters, I have come with good news ... Sincerely, Headlining Reading & Leeds 2021. C'MON YOU KNOW. LG"
The festival will continue to take place in the usual locations - Richfield Avenue in Reading and Bramham Park in Leeds. Tickets purchased for this summer will remain valid, and refunds will also be offered, according to organizers.
- Glastonbury 2021 "wants to be back in June"
- Liam Gallagher is the butler of 'King' Eric Cantona in a new video
Reading and Leeds are among the UK's longest running and largest music events. Reading has a capacity of 105,000 music fans while Leeds can accommodate 75,000.
Reading Festival itself dates back to the 1960s and was formerly known as the Rock Festival. However, over the years it got more varied and in 1999 it was added as a second location in Leeds.
Last year's headliners included The 1975, Post Malone, Twenty One Pilots and Foo Fighters. Other acts included Billie Eilish, Bastille, Blossoms, Yungblud, Pale Waves and The Distillers.
follow us on Facebook or on Twitter @BBCNewsEnts. When you have an email with a story suggestion [email protected].
- What does the world teach you
- What does initial quality mean
- Can I choose botany and forestry
- Why isn't Rose the picture of Blackpink
- Are there books with an alternative ending s
- How do timeshare contracts work
- Will chemical companies employ an electrical engineer?
- How did Jesus change your life
- How can I decrypt encrypted files
- What do sea lions look like
- Can Muslims survive in Vietnam at all?
- Can I take creatine while taking Accutane?
- What happens if you keep cooling the ice cream
- FIFA 19 is really worth it
- Is the Bible a book of numbers
- Why did HBO cancel Deadwood
- Helps adding more RAM while gaming
- How does a woodpecker make its nest
- Why doesn't Zebpay trade with other cryptocurrencies
- Which is the best MBaaS
- Is ZumoDrive available for Fedora 15
- How does anarchism work in practice
- Who is your favorite Punjabi singer
- Which is healthier chicken or fish