How do you separate sand and gravel
Substrate separation from Arami Gurami
who does not know them, the great aquascapes with a beautiful sandy road that meanders like a serpentine towards the foreground. Makes a great depth effect.
I really wanted something like that, so hey presto, light sand was poured on the gravel, it looked wonderful! After just a few days, the fish and shrimp had rummaged through the two substrates so that I could no longer separate them even with various combs. Great!
In addition, it should be said that the so-called cosmetic sand in the high gloss aquascapes is usually (newly) poured out especially for the basin and therefore by no means stays in shape in the long term.
In some pool contests, points are deducted when using this sand (among other things, because it is difficult to keep the dazzling light color of the sand in shape).
Back to my pelvis, I was able to make the following observations:
-Although I had placed small stones around the edges, it was not an obstacle for the inhabitants of my tank or for natural erosion to mix the two types of soil.
-Sand is smaller and lighter than gravel. So you think if you try to create order and mess around in the street that the sand will automatically come up. Think! The small sand particles fall into the fine cracks between the gravel and then migrate into deeper and deeper layers.
So only one thing remains:
The two types of substrate really have to be strictly separated from each other. The aquascaping professionals use pond liner (black) or PET film (transparent) from the hardware store. Simply cut it to fit and make sure that the two substrates are really completely separated from each other. If something sticks out too much at the top (you should leave a bit of the edge) you can of course cut it back a bit or stop nicely with stones and / or plants
I wish you success!
- What is 10 11 1 1
- What is salary wrapping
- Have clairvoyant powers
- How does fishing rain happen 1
- Why did Cassius Clay convert to Islam
- Carthage was an African kingdom
- How's the Rich in Investment App
- What are necessary plugins for raised text
- Will you die after sex
- Which slot machines are losers at Foxwood
- Was Philip bigger than Alexander
- Which country name ends with INI
- What is Africa's main problem
- Is Python helpful to Cisco networking professionals
- Which CDN is Dropbox using
- How does the etching of printed circuit boards work
- Is MobiKwik safe
- Time zones are important for New Years
- Who is stronger Leo or Frank Zhang
- Who was Veronica Betty
- What use is a cantilever
- What was your last reason to smile?
- How do I buy my first share
- How can you describe agriculture