Do people recognize cheap perfume
Everything original? How to spot fake perfumes
09/10/2015 - women's fragrances, fragrances, men's fragrances, lifestyle, tips and tricks
Good perfumes are not necessarily cheap - but, that much is certain, they are worth every penny. Nevertheless, many scent fans are seduced by tempting offers that are offered in questionable online shops, auctions or at the flea market.
If you then access it, you will quickly notice: You haven't saved anything here - on the contrary! Because the supposed luxury fragrance suddenly smells like a little more or less cheaply mixed-up water, and that's exactly what it is. Quite apart from the fact that it is forbidden to trade in counterfeits: What can you do to avoid being taken aback by the sometimes sophisticated counterfeits? Common sense and a few tips will help.
We have created a small checklist for you:
In addition to the price, name and bottle, there are a number of other features that you can use to reliably tell whether the perfume is really the original:
- Distribution location: In Germany and some other European countries, the provider has to have a stationary shop if he wants to sell luxury perfumes and other cosmetic articles on the Internet. If you can't find anything online that points to an address from the vendor, you'd better not order anything here.
- Packaging - the foil: The first thing you should do in a store is to carefully examine the packaging. Bad welds and a cheap plastic smell are always indications that the product is plagiarized.
- Packaging - the box: The box in which the bottle is located is very informative. A limp, pale cardboard box, which may still be printed crookedly, indicates a cheap forgery. You should also be able to read everything well. Spelling mistakes are also a sign of inferior goods.
- The green dot": This protected trademark is used throughout Europe to mark recyclable packaging. It is usually printed on the underside of the packaging. If it is missing or crooked or indistinct, you can assume that it is plagiarism.
- Bottle: A high-quality perfume is always filled in a high-quality bottle. Excellent workmanship without bumps or edges is a must. The logo on the bottle must not look crooked or faded.
- Cover: In addition to the bottle itself, pay attention to the lid. Be careful if it is made of plastic or a cheap sheet metal. Usually it consists either of a glass stopper or of metal. The same goes for the spray head. If it looks unstable or cheaply made or if the riser pipe of the pump is too short, you are probably looking at a fake.
- Perfume: If the bottle is transparent, you should pay attention to the color of the perfume. Hardly any dye is used for a high-quality perfume. If the liquid in the bottle looks very intense in color, this is an indication of a fake. Likewise if the color differs from the original. However, this assumes that you know the original color.
- Serial number: It belongs to every perfume and should be incorporated on both the box and the bottle. If it is only stuck on or is missing completely, you should refrain from buying it.
- Pack size: The counterfeits are often offered in larger or different quantities than the original. Find out in which sizes the perfume you want is available. If the product you want to buy differs from the usual sizes, it is plagiarism.
- Odor: The scent of the fake usually has an intense smell of alcohol. The actual scent is less pronounced and disappears quickly.
Good perfumes come at a price
The first and perhaps most important point to identify counterfeit perfumes should go without saying: Good perfumes come at a price. This can of course vary depending on the provider, because, for example, bulk purchases can lead to slightly lower sales prices. In addition, older fragrances that are no longer in the range or that are now less in demand are sometimes also offered significantly reduced by the manufacturer. Nevertheless: If the luxury perfume suddenly costs 30 instead of 120 euros or if the trendy lifestyle fragrance is only supposed to cost half of what it costs elsewhere, then caution is advised. Especially when the price is well below average compared to other providers.
The sometimes quite high price has its reasons, of course: On the one hand, it takes a lot of time and expertise to develop a good fragrance. This idea is then implemented with high-quality perfume oils - the more concentrated and the rarer these are, the more expensive the production. After all, the manufacturers invest a lot of creativity and money in the packaging design, in the flacon, the outer packaging and the accompanying advertising campaign. Of course, these costs are also reflected in the sales price. Plagiarism then jumps like free riders on the well-known image, the good reputation - but do not hold back anything of what they believe in packaging and name.
Bottle, name, packaging: it's all about the details
Some fakes are really clumsy: A “Paco Rabanne” becomes a “Paco Robane”, and a famous perfume name is simply a complete reinvention. Nevertheless, sometimes you have to take a closer look to recognize the fake perfume for sure. It is best to use an official product photo as a comparison, which can be found on most manufacturers' websites, and really study every detail: outer packaging, bottle, cap, perfume and brand name. Even the smallest deviation should be suspicious, because as a rule the perfume manufacturers do not change the design of their successful products so easily. Packaging in slightly different colors or less elaborately designed flacons are often evidence of counterfeiting - for example, when the famous shimmering packaging from “Dior Addict” is suddenly only available in matt silver.
Counterfeiters have come up with a particularly ingenious move with this method: Counterfeits appear again and again, which are declared as "special edition" or "special size". This is to explain why the flacon or the perfume cannot be found anywhere else in this form - which makes a comparison impossible. Particularly popular: fragrance bottlings in 33ml - a size that is practically not offered on a regular basis and which can also be a relatively reliable indicator of a counterfeit.
Safe shopping in specialist shops - online or on site
Of course, there are many private sales, flea market finds or online auctions that run completely smoothly - and that bring a good perfume at an unbeatable price. But you can be completely sure in the specialist trade: Here perfumes are obtained directly from the manufacturer and not, as is sometimes offered on the Internet, via various re-imports and thus not always traceable channels. There is also another guarantee here, so the provider vouches with its good name. Parfumdreams, for example, offers its customers both options: In the Akzente Parfümerie branches, you can try and discover your favorite fragrances and new discoveries to your heart's content. If you are not from the area or just want to go shopping online, take a look at the Parfumdreams online shop - where the original is really original. On top of that, Parfumdreams offers an unbeatable price for many fragrances - and that without any nasty surprises!
Posted by Katika
04/12/2013 women's fragrances, fragrances,
The perfume - our sense of smell - part ...
In the following articles, I would like to bring you everything around the topic of "perfume" closer. In this particular article, I want to tell you about the ...
03.09.2012 women's fragrances, fragrances,
Giorgio Armani: Armani Code Luna
Giorgio Armani was born in Piacenza (Italy) in 1934. He grew up in a middle-class family. He graduated from high school and started studying medicine. After he...
03/21/2015 women's fragrances, fragrances,
Go for gold! The best products for a r ...
Gold is considered to be one of the most beautiful precious metals in the world and the epitome of luxury. For centuries, myths have entwined around the precious element that the rich and ...
01.11.2012 women's fragrances, fragrances,
Clear water, sensual wood
No question about it: Dean and Dan Caten are particularly fond of wood. The Canadian fashion designers, who like to act as a duo both at work and in private, dedicate themselves to the natural material ...
- Why do some people look like robots
- Are there mechanical machines in heaven
- Will asteroid mining save the earth?
- What is a good QTP-UFT framework
- How is the hostel in KNIT Sultanpur
- Can a banker cross the check
- Beto ORourke is Spanish
- How to develop objective thinking
- Can you let sickness distract you?
- Is Donald Trump frugal
- How many people in India read newspapers
- What are the examples of drivers
- What is soda bicarbonate
- Which laptop should I buy 18
- How was Van Gogh's work discovered posthumously
- Reliance JIO recharge offers
- What is the hybridization of KMnO4
- Why doesn't Wine work with NTFS
- Is Lightroom the same as Photoshop
- Why shouldn't Tripura be divided
- How can I create a global network
- Why is the SEC acting now
- How is life in New Caledonia
- Have climate models accurately predicted global warming
- What can you expect after a vascular operation
- What could cause a fever with constipation?
- An operating system is a virtual machine
- What is the full form of the COPU
- What is a tuning belt technique
- American Express credit cards are the best
- Are emptiness and nothing the same
- How did books become your best friends
- Why do you work for PWC
- How did the first organism sound?