What is soft swing
Covid-19: Precautions When Visiting
Flat days in the open-air museum Glentleiten on October 27th and 28th
Großweil, October 23, 2018 - On the weekend of October 27 and 28, during the flat days, visitors to the open-air museum in Glentleiten can experience how fabric slowly comes out of bundles of flax, with a special program for young and old. The ancient Egyptians called linen made of flax "woven moonlight" because of its beauty. But they were by no means the first to process the plant into fabric. The oldest known finds come from the Caucasus and are more than 30,000 years old! Before the advent of cotton from America, flax was grown in Central Europe well into the 19th century - including in Upper Bavaria. Its processing requires many steps and a lot of effort. Ideally, the end result is wonderfully light and soft linen.
Program in detail:
Both on Saturday and Sunday, the Glentleiten offers special tours at 11 am and 1 pm under the motto "From flax to linen". It is about the cultivation of flax, its harvest and the many processing steps. A stop is made, for example, at the flax breaker hut, which originally stood in Obereck (district of Rosenheim). It is heated so that the plant can be roasted in it. After drying in the oven, which takes around 12 hours, the further processing steps take place under its canopy: breaking, panting and swinging. In the small property from Höfen (district of Bad Tölz-Wolfratshausen), visitors can find out how the mechanical loom is worked at a handicraft demonstration. Visitors can also watch the spinning of sheep's wool on the spinning wheel during the flat days.
Family participation program "Saturdays in Mirzn" with a focus on flax
The participation program "Saturdays in Mirzn" is available on October 27th. from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. also dedicated to the flat days: children learn what linen is made of and can try out with their parents how difficult it is to work with a flax breaker.
- Why Buy Hyderabad Cracker Online
- What is God's relationship with time
- When autumn in Canada
- Can the frontal lobe syndrome be reversed
- What is the decision making process for retail management
- Why is autoimmunity so difficult to cure
- Why do people have friends
- What has gotten better after apartheid?
- What's your best recipe with Dijon mustard
- When was Lord Ganesha born
- What are ceramic knives made of
- What is BSc and its subjects
- Why do people fade faster than memories
- What is WiFi TV
- How does Archana Sasi learn
- What do anthropologists understand by culture shock
- What should I do in Reykjavik
- What percentage of cancer is genetic
- Was Harry a good friend of Hermione's
- What makes being a nurse most rewarding
- What is the meaning of the old map
- Why do government websites suck
- What is the worst luxury car brand
- Is it morally wrong to hate criminals?