Is Meryl Streep the most respected actor
Biography of Meryl Streep
Meryl Streep has German roots, because the great-great-grandparents on his father's side come from Loffenau in Baden-Württemberg - but the immigrants changed the original family name Streeb to Streep. Mary Louise, or "Meryl" as she is usually called, discovered her love for acting at an early age. During her school days and studies, the future actress regularly appeared on stage for plays, and from the age of 12 even took opera singing lessons for four years. The talented young woman studied drama at "Vassar College" in New York and later at "Yale University". In 1975 Meryl Streep completed her studies with a "Master of Fine Arts". In 1977 she made her first appearance as an actress in a movie Julia to see.
Breakthrough with "Holocaust - The Story of the Weiss Family" and first Oscar® nomination
With the TV miniseries Holocaust - The History of the Weiss Family (1978) Meryl Streep had her breakthrough, she won the Emmy for "Best Actress". In the same year the actress is in the anti-war film Those who go through hell"(with Robert De Niro and Christopher Walken), for which she received her first Oscar® nomination. In 1979, Meryl Streep played a supporting supporting role in the drama alongside Dustin Hoffman Kramer versus Kramer, which will eventually bring you your first Oscar®.
Meryl Streep in "Out of Africa" and "The Bridges on the River"
In the following decades, Meryl Streep can also be seen regularly in large productions, for example in 1985 Far away from Africa (with Robert Redford and Klaus Maria Brandauer) or ten years later in The bridges at the River (1995; with Clint Eastwood and Annie Corley). If she was initially set on serious and cool character roles, Meryl Streep proves how in films Death suits her well (1992; with Bruce Willis and Goldie Hawn) or The devil Wears Prada (2006; with Anne Hathaway, Emily Blunt and Simon Baker) her versatility and humor. In the film adaptation of the musical Mamma Mia! (2008; with Amanda Seyfried, Pierce Brosnan and Colin Firth) the actress also combined her singing and acting talent and was rewarded with a Golden Globe nomination for this in 2009. She is one of the best-paid actresses in Hollywood and despite her success, Meryl Streep says modestly that she is an actress who goes home after work.
Meryl Streep and the Oscars®
Meryl Streep was honored with her first Oscar® as early as 1980. For her supporting role in Kramer versus Kramer the actress wins the coveted award for "Best Supporting Actress". Only three years later she receives for Sophie's decision (1982; with Kevin Kline and Günther Maria Halmer) even the Oscar® for "Best Actress", an honor that she received in 2012 for her role in The Iron Lady (with Jim Broadbent and Iain Glen) is awarded again. In total, Meryl Streep has been nominated an unbelievable 21 times for the highest award in the film industry - more often than any other star. In 2018 Meryl Streep has the chance to win her fourth Oscar® for "Best Actress". With her leading role in The publisher (2017; with Tom Hanks and Alison Brie) this time she is going into the race at the Academy Awards.
Conclusion: No matter whether because of the sheer number of different productions in which she has already participated or because of the incredible number of awards she has received for this work: Meryl Streep is probably the most successful actress in Hollywood. Her worldwide reputation, her life's work as an actress and her political and social commitment not only bring her top-class film awards, but also the two highest civilian awards that the United States of America has to bestow. In 2018 Meryl Streep is again for the Oscar® nominated for "Best Actress", and as always she is the top favorite for the coveted golden boy.
- Holocaust - The Story of the Weiss Family (1978)
- Alice at the Palace (1982)
- While There Is Still Hope (1997)
- Angels in America (2003)
- Trelawny of the Wells (1975)
- Henry V (1976)
- The Taming of the Shrew (1978)
- Alice in Concert (1980-1981)
- The Seagull (2001)
- Mother Courage and Her Children (2006)
- Emmy as an outstanding leading actress in a mini-series or a film for "Holocaust - The History of the Weiss Family" (1978)
- Golden Globe for best supporting actress in a movie for "Kramer gegen Kramer" (1979)
- Academy Award for best supporting actress for "Kramer versus Kramer" (1980)
- Golden Globe for best leading actress for "The French Lieutenant's Beloved" (1981)
- Academy Award for Best Actress for "Sophie's Decision" (1983)
- People's Choice Award for Most Popular Actress (1983, 1984, 1985, 1986, 1988, 1989)
- Elle Women in Hollywood Award, Icon Award (1997, 2002, 2013)
- Star on the Walk of Fame (1998)
- Honorary César for her life's work (2003)
- Emmy as an outstanding leading actress in a mini-series or a film for "Angels in America" (2004)
- Golden Globe for best leading actress in a musical or a comedy for "The Devil Wears Prada" (2006)
- Critics' Choice Movie Award for Best Actress for "Question of Faith" (2008)
- Critics' Choice Movie Award for Best Actress for "Julie & Julia" (2009)
- National Medal of Arts (2010)
- Golden Globe for best leading actress in a drama for "Die Eiserne Lady" (2011)
- Academy Award for best leading actress for "Die Eiserne Lady" (2012)
- Presidential Medal of Freedom (2014)
- Induction into the Actors Hall of Fame (2014)
- MTV Movie Award for Best Villain for "Into the Woods" (2015)
- Critics' Choice Movie Award for Best Actress in a Comedy for "Florence Foster Jenkins" (2016)
- Are the Torah codes statistically significant
- Why shouldn't bribes be given?
- People have unique skins
- When does cancer spread to the bones
- What is electro vibration technology
- Has Trump started a global trade war
- Which generation produces spores in plants
- Why do you drive so strange
- Have IISERs student exchange programs
- What are the benefits of using ATS
- Why are girls' clothes becoming increasingly scarce
- What can you learn from ancient times
- How does dialysis work
- Why are cell membranes asymmetrical
- Are there any non-profit health insurance companies
- Who directed Ram Teri Ganga Maili
- What are some free programming books
- What is the best argument for censorship
- Who are some famous narcissists
- Is a lawyer a lawyer
- Is it possible to speak perfect English?
- What are some examples of stalking behavior
- Are there monks in the Catholic Church
- How bad is the Undertale fandom