What are Valium 10mgs Effects
Valium "Roche" 10 mg tablets
Do not take VALIUM if you
- are hypersensitive (allergic) to the drug group of benzodiazepines or one of the other ingredients of VALIUM,
- suffer from pathological muscle weakness (myasthenia gravis),
- have severe liver disease
- suffer from severe chronic lung diseases, sleep apnea (unusually long periods of inactivity during sleep) or from a severe chronic disorder of the respiratory function associated with high levels of carbon dioxide in the blood (hypercapnia).
In addition, the doctor may assist VALIUM
- severe shock,
- acute alcohol poisoning or poisoning with other calming substances
- and do not give to children up to 6 years of age.
VALIUM is not suitable for the primary treatment of psychosis.
Take special care with VALIUM
Your doctor will monitor you particularly carefully if you are on
- Heart failure, low blood pressure and impaired respiratory function,
- impaired liver or kidney function,
- chronic lung diseases,
- Brain dysfunction,
- or older and in a weakened condition.
In the elderly and / or physically debilitated, the doctor will monitor the treatment particularly carefully.
If you have epilepsy (seizures) or if you have had seizures in the past, suddenly stopping treatment may trigger seizures.
Sedatives of the benzodiazepine type should generally not be used in preschool children. In children over 6 years of age and adolescents from 12 years of age, VALIUM should only be used if your doctor considers it absolutely necessary. Your doctor will limit the duration of treatment to the minimum necessary.
In patients with acute increase in intraocular pressure (glaucoma, narrow-angle glaucoma) and patients with disorders of the orderly interaction of muscle groups (spinal and cerebellar ataxias), the doctor will monitor the treatment particularly carefully.
If you have depression or anxiety that is accompanied by depression, your doctor will not prescribe VALIUM as the sole treatment, as it may worsen your depression and increase the risk of killing yourself.
Talk to your doctor if you have used alcohol or drugs excessively, or have misused them in the past.
You should take VALIUM for the first time on a weekend and in familiar surroundings.
Do not drink alcohol at the same time, as this can dangerously increase the depressant effects; this is still possible on the day after the last dose of VALIUM.
The simultaneous use of VALIUM with sleeping pills, alcohol or other sedative drugs can lead to impaired cardiovascular and respiratory functions and increase the risk of respiratory failure.
VALIUM can cause memory lapses (anterograde amnesia) even with normal doses; the risk of this increases in a dose-dependent manner. This effect can also be associated with inappropriate behavior.
VALIUM only alleviates the symptoms of anxiety and tension, but does not eliminate their causes. It should only be used as briefly and in as low a dose as is absolutely necessary. If the drug is taken over a longer period of time (4 to 12 weeks), the doctor must decide whether to continue the treatment. Uninterrupted, long-term use should be avoided as this increases the likelihood of withdrawal symptoms and addiction occurring.
Taking VALIUM can lead to emotional or physical dependence. Even with daily intake for a few weeks there is a risk of developing addiction. This applies not only to the improper use of particularly high doses, but also to the treatment area.
The risk of developing withdrawal symptoms increases when
- Sedatives such as VALIUM are used at the same time as sleeping pills,
- higher doses are administered,
- VALIUM is suddenly discontinued.
To avoid withdrawal symptoms, you must not stop taking VALIUM on your own. Talk to your doctor and follow his or her dosage instructions. He will gradually end the treatment.
Withdrawal symptoms can manifest themselves in: headache and muscle pain, strong feelings of fear, tension, restlessness, confusion, irritability; Sweating, muscle tremors, increased and accelerated palpitations, nausea, vomiting, stomach cramps. In severe cases, the following signs are possible: impaired perception, numbness and “pins and needles” in the arms and legs, hypersensitivity to light, sound and physical contact, hallucinations or epileptic convulsions. Withdrawal symptoms can occur up to 8 days after the last dose and last for about 5 to 20 days.
Furthermore, the conditions that led to the use of VALIUM may temporarily recur in an increased form ("rebound anxiety"). They can be accompanied by mood changes, anxiety, insomnia, or restlessness.
In particular in older patients and children, unexpected reactions contrary to the actual effect were observed after administration of VALIUM, such as restlessness, agitation, irritability, aggressiveness, delusional ideas, fits of anger, nightmares, hallucinations, psychoses, inappropriate behavior and other undesirable effects on behavior. If these signs occur, talk to your doctor so that he can slowly stop treatment with VALIUM.
If your doctor prescribes laboratory tests (checks of your blood count and liver and kidney function) after you have taken it for a long time, you must have them carried out.
Your doctor will slowly end the treatment with VALIUM, especially after a long period of ingestion.
Under no circumstances may you pass VALIUM on to third parties. It can harm other people, even if they have the same symptoms as you.
If you want to become pregnant, or think you may be pregnant, tell your doctor straight away.
Taking VALIUM with other medicines
Please inform your doctor or pharmacist if you are taking / using or have recently taken / used any other medicines, including medicines obtained without a prescription.
The effect of certain drugs can be increased or decreased by VALIUM.
If VALIUM is used at the same time as other substances that have a depressant effect on the central nervous system, this can lead to a considerable mutual reinforcement of effects, including impairment of breathing and the cardiovascular system. These include: alcohol, sedatives and sleeping pills, medicines to treat depression and seizures, certain medicines to treat allergies or runny nose, certain painkillers and anesthetics. These interactions can still occur the day after the last dose of VALIUM.
Furthermore, the following drugs can prolong or intensify the effect of VALIUM: cimetidine and omeprazole (drugs for the treatment of stomach diseases), ketoconazole (for the treatment of fungal diseases), fluvoxamine and fluoxetine (drugs for depression).
Simultaneous use with painkillers of the so-called opiate type (e.g. morphine, fentanyl) can increase the risk of psychological dependence.
The following medicines should not be taken at the same time as VALIUM:
- Clozapine (medicine used to treat severe mental illness), as it can lead to life-threatening respiratory inhibition,
- certain antifungal medicines such as fluconazole, itraconazole, ketoconazole,
- certain medicines used to treat viral diseases such as HIV (AIDS): delavirdine, efavirenz, indinavir, nelfinavir, ritonavir and saquinavir,
- certain medicines for depression such as fluvoxamine.
The following medicines can also interact with VALIUM; your doctor may take special measures if you are prescribing them at the same time:
- Phenobarbital, phenytoin, valproic acid and carbamazepine (used to treat seizures),
- Disulfiram (an alcohol cessation drug)
- Medicines to relax muscles,
- Means to prevent pregnancy ("pill"),
- Cisapride (used to treat certain stomach disorders)
- Theophylline (used to treat asthma)
- Rifampicin and isoniazid (used to treat tuberculosis)
- long-term use of so-called corticosteroids (such as cortisone),
- Levodopa (used to treat Parkinson's disease).
Also tell your doctor about other medicines that you may take constantly, such as antihypertensive medicines, "beta blockers", medicines to "thin the blood" or to prevent blood clotting, medicines to treat heart disease.
Since VALIUM is eliminated from the body very slowly, interactions can still occur days after the end of treatment.
Taking VALIUM with food and drink
During the treatment with VALIUM you should absolutely refrain from alcohol, as alcohol can increase the effectiveness and side effects of VALIUM. You should not drink grapefruit juice during treatment with VALIUM.
pregnancy and breast feeding period
Your doctor must decide on the use of VALIUM during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
Even if the risk of congenital malformations in connection with the use of VALIUM appears to be low in the first few months of pregnancy, there are indications of an increased risk of malformations occurring.
In particular, excessive doses or improper use can lead to malformations and brain damage in newborns.
If VALIUM is used over a long period during pregnancy, the child may become physically dependent. These children can show withdrawal symptoms after giving birth.
Towards the end of pregnancy or during childbirth, there is a risk of the following symptoms occurring in newborns when taking high doses of VALIUM: breathing disorders, reduced body temperature, slack muscles, drowsiness, poor drinking.
Therefore, VALIUM should not be used during pregnancy unless such treatment is clearly necessary. Please make sure to tell your doctor if you think you may be pregnant or if you are planning to become pregnant.
Diazepam is excreted in breast milk, therefore VALIUM should not be used during breastfeeding.
Driving and using machines
Warning: this medicinal product can reduce the ability to react and
Impair the ability to drive.
Please note that - especially at the beginning of therapy - sedation (e.g. tiredness, reduced ability to concentrate and react), memory lapses ("amnesia") and deteriorated muscle function can have a detrimental effect on the ability to drive or use machines. Insufficient sleep can increase the likelihood of decreased alertness. You should therefore not drive a vehicle or operate a machine.
Important information about some of the ingredients of VALIUM
This medicine contains lactose (milk sugar). Please take VALIUM only after consulting your doctor if you know that you suffer from a sugar intolerance.
- Will be copied from Shrek's Facebook logo
- What was the meaning of the Morse code
- When will the RCOM prices increase?
- What are photos that make you smile?
- Who invented the tambourine?
- Adam Schiff is a treat
- How are paper stamps made
- What is the name of this type of wallpaper
- What is Nordstroms' marketing strategy
- Why are incredibly bad films so addicting
- What are the benefits of SDLC
- Which government agency handles employee compensation claims?
- Why do we like to get intoxicated
- Is Quora a good marketing tool
- Ubuntu is only Debian for kids
- What is the nature of culture
- What is a theoretical framework in psychology
- What is the normal position of the eyelids
- What other process involves nuclear fusion
- Why is intent used well
- Why is Boycott_KBC_SonyTv trending on Twitter
- What social problems affect my life
- What are the two types of mindset
- People still sell Avon or Amway