What are Indians doing today
to the overview KNOWLEDGE
After the Indians fought on the side of the United States in World War I, they received American citizenship in 1924. But it wasn't until ten years later that they were allowed to live as they used to. With their traditions, their own festivals and their beliefs.
But they were not always able to exercise these new rights. Even later, many white people tried to take away their land and their freedoms from them. Today the Indians organize and try to defend themselves against these injustices.
The Indians once inhabited a vast land that stretched from coast to coast in North America. Today only two percent of Americans are of Indian origin.
The Indians are a minority in their country - a small part of them live on the reservations. Unemployment is very high there and the Indians are very poor.
Some try to make a living from tourism, sell jewelry or earn their living as tourist guides.
Tradition and tourism
In order to improve their living conditions, the Indians organize themselves and revive their traditions.
The children of the Indians are learning their own language again and are receiving lessons about the way of life of their tribe. They take part in pow wows, perform their dances, wear tribal costumes and paint their faces.
The Indians try to combine old and new, and to preserve their ceremonies, rituals, customs and languages.
At the same time, dance performances bring money for a living. Because the festivals of the Indians are considered a tourist attraction.
Another source of income are the many gambling halls that the Indians have opened on the reservations.
The Navajo reservation, which stretches across the states of New Mexico, Arizona and Utah, is the largest reservation with nearly 150,000 residents. The reservations are administered by the Indians themselves and there is also their own police force.
- What are good books for computer architecture
- What is a visual search engine
- What is the American version of Hikikomori
- Are there bioluminescent plants
- How are semiotics and cognition related?
- Can you share your funny OMG moments
- What is Kilauea
- Who's called Colonel?
- Can I only send messages via Bluetooth?
- Is Armenian difficult
- What are the two types of mindset
- What is the American country called Kewlin
- What Are Some Good Online Programmers
- Can I register for CPT now?
- Deletes Dropbox accounts due to inactivity
- Which embroidery works are trendy
- How reviews work for writers
- Did Socrates believe in the absolute truth
- What is a baleen and toothed whale
- Is reading and writing a passive activity?
- What eats milkweed plants
- Have you been declared a woman
- China loses its communist values
- What is the best clever psychological anime