What is restlessness
Always energized: Accompanied by the unrest
Tension and nervousnessät accompany many people before certain events. But inner restlessness can also become permanent. What causes it ffor unrest and what you can do about it yourself at home kYou can read here.
The feeling of unusual tension, increased anxiety and nervousness is repeatedly summarized under the collective term "restlessness". This restlessness can occur in a wide variety of situations or it can become chronic.
What are the symptoms of restlessness?
Inner restlessness is associated with a variety of different symptoms and often varies greatly from person to person. The signs and symptoms of restlessness can be both physical and psychological in nature. This includes:
- Feeling fidgety
- Urge to move
- Increased impatience and irritability
- Increased breathing or pulse rate
- Reduction of concentration and attention
- Fluff feeling in the stomach
- Worrying spirals of thought
- Blushing or turning pale
These symptoms can occur both acutely before certain situations (acute restlessness) or become permanent (chronic restlessness).
What are the reasons for acute unrest?
The reasons for acute tension and restlessness are varied and individual. Most people feel something like acute unrest before an event that falls out of the everyday and the outcome of which is not entirely clear. Such events and situations include:
- Exams at school, university, driving test
- Giving lectures or lectures in front of many people
- Job interviews
- meeting with unknown business partners
- Employee interviews
- unpleasant relationship clarification talks
- Far-reaching decisions to be made
- Imminent travel
What can you do in case of acute anxiety?
Acute restlessness is usually uncomfortable, but as the name suggests, it only exists in acute cases. This means that most people can handle this form of restlessness well. However, if the restlessness before an exam, an important conversation or a special event becomes too uncomfortable, certain relaxation techniques can help.
Use certain breathing techniques against restlessness
Focus on breathing consciously. For example, take ten deep breaths through your nose and then breathe out in jolting white breaths. Make sure that you also consciously concentrate on the exhalation and empty your lungs completely in the process.
Tensioning technique to relax during restlessness
Tense the muscle parts of your body from the tips of your toes to the forehead as tightly as you can for 10 seconds and then relax this area again for 10 seconds. Concentrate on both the intense tension and the feeling of relaxation afterwards. It is important that you go through the body parts (toes, feet, calves, thighs, buttocks, stomach, shoulders, hands, forearms, upper arms, neck, mouth, eyes, forehead) individually and work your way upwards.
Further options against acute unrest
- Before particularly exciting situations, you can rely on a herbal sedative. Passionflower, for example, is particularly known for its calming effect.
- Drink a cool glass of water consciously and in small sips, take at least a minute for this.
- Certain essential oils can also help calm you down.
If your acute restlessness turns out to be particularly violent in certain situations, you should clarify whether you might have some form of anxiety disorder. As described above, most people can cope with acute restlessness due to its foreseeable duration. It becomes more difficult, however, when the feeling of inner tension, nervousness and restlessness becomes chronic.
Reasons for chronic restlessness
In most cases there is a harmless cause behind the chronic restlessness. However, there are also clinical pictures and organic causes that cause inner restlessness. If the restlessness has persisted for a long time and you notice accompanying physical symptoms or additional emotional stress, it is advisable to consult a doctor. It can rule out any of the following physical causes being part of your anxiety:
- low blood pressure
- Thyroid malfunction
- Cardiac neurosis
External causes of restlessness
In some cases external causes can be behind the restlessness. In our hectic world, for example, we often don't even notice that we are consuming too much of certain substances. The feeling of permanent tension and inner restlessness can be caused by the increased consumption of
- Energy drinks
to be triggered.
Internal causes of restlessness
The chronic restlessness is very often psychological or emotional. Above all, increased stress can significantly promote inner restlessness. Other internal reasons can be:
- The feeling of being exposed to a permanently stressful situation (bullying at work, relationship problems, ...)
- Negative spirals of thought that one indulges in instead of distracting oneself
- Stressful events from the past
- Tendency to worry and pessimistic thought scenarios
- Lack of work-life balance
- Difficulty falling asleep
- Chronic excessive demands at work or in private life
What you can do about restlessness
If you notice persistent inner restlessness, have restricted nicotine and caffeine and have ruled out organic causes by a doctor, it is advisable to take active measures against the inner tension so that it does not manifest itself. Since, as mentioned above, emotional reasons and stress are often the triggers for the restlessness, you should reduce stress and take care to regain balance through relaxation. In order to get back into a more relaxed general condition, the following tips can be helpful.
Just say no before it all becomes too much. Pay attention to your limits!
Digital time out
Treat yourself to a few hours again and again in which you put your cell phone and laptop aside and relax from the hectic digital world.
The passion flower - also called passiflora - is known for its effect against nervousness and restlessness. In the pharmacy there are drops from this calming plant that are not addictive and can help you relax.
Learn relaxation techniques
Certain techniques, such as progressive muscle relaxation, can provide relief.
In order to find a balance between tension and relaxation and thus balance, you should consciously make sure to do yourself good: a walk, a nice dinner, a massage, ...
If you find it difficult to relax, meditation and autogenic training can help you regain a sufficient level of relaxation.
If your evening is mostly hectic or distracted by TV programs, spend your free time a little more consciously in the direction of relaxation: for example, with pleasant, calming music, soothing chamomile tea and relaxation-promoting essential oils in the aroma diffuser.
You can read detailed information on how to relax properly here.
- What's wrong with repairing my laptop by yourself
- Which video always brightens your mood
- Is innovation dead 1
- What is the opposite of Euclidean rhythm
- Why is the Uber app bad
- What do you know about my life
- Why are Nazi symbols still taboo today?
- How does Satoshi Nakamoto spend his days
- What is the main function of the membranes
- Can someone exchange money
- Does Chinese Buddhism have gods
- Is water a dielectric
- How should governments defend themselves against drone attacks?
- Is salvia psychoactive
- Can you recommend the best Bollywood blogs
- How is the superlative created in Thai
- How does London survive the Uber competition
- Breathing is a catabolic process
- How depressed introverts get energy
- Is CH3CHO-ethanol
- Why don't we make ourselves immortal
- Why do I always miss my boyfriend
- What is the most suppressed human emotion
- Who is the best doctor in Oslo
- How has social media affected professional sport?
- Is ZumoDrive available for Fedora 15
- What is the best treatment for diesel engines
- How is the IRA financed
- What can you tell me about ghosts
- There are high income and high crime neighborhoods
- What are the best podcasts for depression
- Joao Gilberto is the greatest Brazilian musician
- Why is Amaron better than Exide