Can we eat chocolate in chicken pox?
Diet for shingles
Is a change in diet important for shingles?
Shingles is a viral infection that can cause very painful rashes. This is the same virus that causes chickenpox. The virus is not life-threatening, but it can still make life very difficult if it stresses both the body and the psyche.
A healthy and gentle diet can help support the immune defense and the recovery of suffering patients. Important nutrients are mostly folic acid and Choline.
What to eat during shingles
The intake of basic nutritional components can help those affected to recover. In doing so, particular importance is attached to the intake of vitamins C, D and B. Above all, this should strengthen the immune system.
Help with a healthy diet:
- Leafy vegetables
- Red meat
- Dairy products
- whole grain products
- Raw food
What not to eat if you have shingles
During the digestion The body uses a lot of strength, but it should be used for immune defense. Food with for example saturated fat are heavy in the stomach.
You should therefore avoid:
- Food and drinks with a high sugar content
This includes fruit juices as well as lemonades and alcohol. Also light fruit juices.
- Food rich in arginine
Arginine is mainly found in dark chocolate and gelatine, but also nuts.
- refined carbohydrates
These are those carbohydrates that are additionally provided with salt and fats, such as chips, breakfast cereals or toast bread.
- Saturated Fat Diet
These include foods such as butter, whipped cream, lard and meat - but also vegetable ones such as coconut oil.
What else to watch out for with shingles
- Soothing baths
Daily cleaning of the rashes can reduce the risk of the infection spreading. A cool bath or shower is not only beneficial, but also beneficial for the mind and body. It also soothes the itching. You can also use lukewarm water, but you should avoid hot baths and showers!
- Cool compresses
In addition to a bath, a cool, damp compress can also provide relief. These can be put on several times throughout the day and thus relieve pain and itching.
- Creams and lotions
In pharmacies you can get a variety of lotions and creams, which also relieve the symptoms and can be applied. However, it is important to pay attention to the ingredients so that they do not dry out the skin. The best thing to do is to seek advice from the pharmacy.
Rating: Ø 4.0 (280 votes)
Author: FitundGesund editorial team
Information about the author: Medical editors and journalists
Created on: 08.04.2020
Revised on: 10.04.2020
Information portal https://www.guertelrose-infektion.de/ernaehrung-bei-guertelrose.html (accessed April 8, 2020)
Information portal https://www.healthline.com/health/shingles-natural-treatment#3 (accessed April 8, 2020)
- Can someone have calm panic attacks
- Why would anyone try Greek life
- Which one is soluble NaCl or MgCl2
- Do you like the animations of Cyriak
- How can I save time preparing dinner
- Do you think heartbreak is overrated
- Which Indian film industry is so garbage
- Why do earthquakes shake the earth?
- How do I register with binance
- Why is Windows Movie Maker considered bad
- Can you answer that question now
- Who won the Brett Kavanaugh case
- Why do bicycles have horns and bells
- Why are lawn arrows prohibited
- How is the mechanical energy calculated
- What are some modern innovative devices
- Can homeopathy cute autism
- What's worse than the destruction of the world
- How can education affect the population?
- What are deep drama series on Netflix
- Can be sugar cane based motor oil
- Can Wikipedia improve web search
- Why do fridges stop working
- What are the different variants of Judaism