Which place on earth gets good moonlight?
"Pink Moon" 2021: is the super moon really colored pink?
The so-called pink full moon could be seen over Germany. These days it's even a super moon. All information about the sky spectacle can be found here.
The full moon phase was reached on the night of April 26th to 27th, 2021. Now and again there is talk of the super moon and also the "pink moon". But which celestial events are these?
What is the super moon?
If a full moon is particularly close to the earth, one speaks colloquially of the super moon. The moon is not always the same distance from the earth: it orbits our home planet in an ellipse.
What is the "Pink Moon"?
Upholstery phlox: The pink flowers led to the name "Pink Moon". (Source: Takahashi Toshiro / Getty Images)
The name "Pink Moon" goes back to the "Maine Farmers’ Almanac ", an agricultural print product from the USA, from the 1930s. It was the first time there was talk of "Indian" names for full moons.
The April full moon is called "Pink Moon". The name has nothing to do with the fact that the moon is colored. Rather, the name goes back to the early flowering of the upholstery phlox. The wild herbs were widespread in parts of the United States and had a characteristic pink flower.
Other American names for the full moon in April are "Sprouting Grass Moon", "Egg Moon" or "Fish Moon".
What is the best way to photograph the super moon?
In contrast to a normal full moon, the super moon should appear a little larger and more radiant in the sky. If you want to photograph the celestial body, you should consider the following things:
- Use a tripod and, if possible, a remote release. This way, the taking of the pictures doesn't jerk.
- Choose a small aperture, short exposure times, and low ISO values. Experiment beforehand to find out the ideal settings for taking pictures of the super moon.
- Use a camera with a long focal length.
Taking photos of the moon with your smartphone could be tricky. The cell phones usually only have cameras with a short focal length. The moon therefore only appears like a small spot in photos.
What are the effects of the super moon?
The rising moon: On April 27, 2021 there will be a so-called super moon. Then the distance between the moon and earth is shorter than usual. (Source: Sebastian Gollnow / dpa)
Due to the proximity of the moon to the earth, spring tides and maximum tidal forces can increase. The proximity of the moon can also affect the solid earth's crust. These appearances last around three days around the time of the full moon.
When can you watch the super moon?
On April 26, 2021, the moon will rise in the east at around 7 p.m. It is then at around 357,310 kilometers near the earth - instead of the usual average of around 384,400 kilometers. The full moon phase will be reached on April 27, 2021 at around 5:30 a.m. Around 7 o'clock the moon sets in the west.
more on the subject
- Full moon,
- UNITED STATES,
- Advisory News
- How do I restore confidence
- How did Shri Ram die
- Where can I donate books in Hyderabad
- What is the bounce rate in Google Analytics
- How do you fight overcoming irrational fears?
- How not to get tired in class
- Where can I get business advice
- You can change your thought pattern personality
- How to optimize your online business
- Which is better Blender or 3ds Max
- Where can I go in the US
- Why does kH increase with temperature
- Where is muhammad in the bible
- Barack Obama is a good father
- What does retrocecal
- What is beauty for science
- What is probability and its types
- Who would win Batman or Mr Incredible
- Should the internet be viewed as an urban utility company
- What is it like to have an abscess
- How can you describe a cultural landscape?
- Which company of T-shirt wears
- Is Freecharge Safe to Use Why
- Are there still Samarians