What are different types of tenor voices
Music lexicon: what does tenor mean?
Tenor, tenor, tenor part (1865)
- The solid chant or cantus firmus, which is subject to the polyphonic discantus, the masses, motets and other contrapuntal movements of the old counterpointists, is borrowed either from the Gregorian cantus planus or (in masses) from secular music; Tenor (from tenere) called, especially as a recorded chant, while the other voices freely counterpointed or discanted, possibly also because it usually progressed in calm notes while the counterpoint was more agitated. The voice leading the tenor was not the upper part, but in the four-part movement the second lowest, i.e. the higher genre of the male voice, hence the name tenor (French waist) received.
The Tenor voice, has a circumference from the small c to the dashed g and a; Although it not infrequently reaches the b 'and c' (chest register) in height, one should not exceed the a 'in the choir because one cannot count on the higher notes with certainty.
A distinction is made between two types of tenor voices, which differ slightly in terms of sound character and volume: lyric tenor, with a soft, melting sound and several heights, especially for sensitive cantable parts; and the Hero tenor, of a stronger masculine character, approaching the sound of the baritone, more suitable for passionate and heroic performance; in height it does not always reach the lyric tenor, but its lower register is more sonorous, and its whole sound more pithy.
The tenor is actually notated in the C clef on the fourth line [around 1865], but more recently it is usually notated in the treble clef with transposition an octave lower. In the independent orchestra or accompanying the choir, it is formed by the viola or doubled by it.
[Dommer Musical Lexicon 1865, 832]
Tenor, tenor, waist (1807)
tenor, Tenors, French waist. The name of the lower human voice which extends its volume from the lowercase c or d to the dashed g or a and which is only characteristic of the adult male sex. [Koch Concise Dictionary Music 1807, 355]
- Are there subways in Singapore
- Why does nail biting cause ingrown nails
- Which area is the best in Islamabad
- What exactly are murder tendencies
- How unhealthy is food coloring
- How do trees lower the air temperature
- How can I download grade-up learning material
- Is there a science that supports ESP
- What does it mean to redistribute property
- What is the meaning of the past participle?
- When will the NBA add new franchises?
- Which artist sang the song Good Enough
- Albert Einstein was born a genius
- What is explosive power
- On which website can you find an exact manufacturer database
- What are the causes of the failure of Kalanks
- Is makeup a word or two
- Why is Nikola Tesla considered a genius
- What sounds do Swedish vowels make
- What is your opinion on NEO
- Girls are allowed in the Indian Navy
- Have the Mormons really been attacked by locusts?
- What is the mind-body problem
- How did people start to believe other gods?