What is EDTA
Disodium edetateAuxiliary materialsSodium edetate is the disodium salt of EDTA. It is a complexing agent that forms stable complexes with various metal ions. Sodium edetate is used as an adjuvant primarily for liquid and semi-solid medicinal forms. By inactivating the metal ions, it has conserving and stabilizing effects.
synonymous: Dinatrii edetas, disodium edetate, Na-EDTAProducts
Sodium edetate is contained in many pharmaceuticals as an auxiliary substance, especially in liquid and semi-solid pharmaceutical forms.Structure and properties
Disodium edetate (C.10H14N2N / A2O8 · H2O, Mr = 372.2 g / mol) is a white, crystalline powder and is soluble in water. It is the disodium salt of EDTA, the edetic acid.
Sodium edetate has complexing, preserving, clarifying, stabilizing and anticoagulant properties. It forms stable complexes with various metals, for example with calcium, magnesium and zinc. Among other things, it inhibits their catalytic activity and the reproduction of bacteria that depend on them.application areas
As a complexing agent and stabilizer for the manufacture of pharmaceuticals.literature
- Medicinal product information (CH)
- European Pharmacopoeia PhEur
- Specialist literature
- Pharmaceutical Technology Textbooks
Conflicts of Interest: None / Independent. The author has no relationships with the manufacturers and is not involved in the sale of the products mentioned.
Support PharmaWiki with a donation!
© PharmaWiki 2007-2021 - PharmaWiki provides independent and reliable information about medication and health.
This article was last changed on 9/6/2020.
Imprint and data protection declaration
Show products for this page
- Structured programming means modular programming
- How is GTA 5 online
- What is the Korean term for business?
- Zerodha sells your stop loss data
- How was the tank destroyed by Hitler's Gustav
- Why is invoicing beneficial for small businesses
- Addiction is a symptom of mental illness
- How do I know that I am eating enough?
- What would happen if all countries were demilitarized?
- What is the most powerful army
- Happy is the richest man in the world
- What Makes a Startup Ecosystem Thrive
- What is the job of ben kingsley
- Which free books should everyone read?
- What is the most predictable currency pair
- Can you start a company with no experience?
- Hillary gets arrested outside elementary school
- Kurkure is 100 vegetarian
- Can cats see ghosts 1
- Where can i get a cheap haircut
- Why stocks have a face value
- How scary is Annabelle 2014 movie
- Will Google take over Apple
- How do you run a media company