What is makeup
Part of speech: noun, (Female)Hyphenation:
- Schmin | ke, Plural: Make up
- IPA: [ˈƩmɪŋkə]
- 1) Substance or product for coloring the skin, eyes or face
- early new high German smicke, Central German smyncke, Middle Low German smincke, occupied since the 15th century
- 1) makeup
- 1) cosmetic
- 1) Eyeliner, glitter, kohl, eye shadow, lip gloss, mascara, powder, blush, mascara
- 1) Ms. Obermayer always wears Make up and put on perfume before she leaves the house.
- 1) For film and television will be different Make up used as normal.
- 1) Some prefer subtle rather than bright ones Make up.
- 1) “Either she kept something else in it or she used it Make up only on special occasions. "
- 1) “The thickly applied Make up couldn't hide her old age. "
- 1) “Without Make up I feel unprotected, very private, almost naked. "
- 1) “Goldlotos first went into her room, smoothed it Make up on her face and also went into those rooms. "
- 1) Face painting, face painting
- Nominative: singular Make up; Plural makeup
- Genitive: singular Make up; Plural makeup
- Dative: singular Make up; Plural makeup
- Accusative: singular Make up; Plural makeup
- Danish: 1) Smink (Utrum)
- English: 1) makeup, make-up
- Esperanto: 1) ŝminko
- Faroese: 1) sminka (Female)
- French: 1) maquillage
- Icelandic: 1) farði (male), smink (neuter)
- Italian: 1) trucco (male)
- Catalan: 1) maquillatge (male)
- Luxembourgish: 1) Make up (Female)
- Norwegian: 1) Smink (male)(Female)
- Polish: 1) makijaż (male), szminka
- Portuguese: 1) maquiagem (Female)
- Swedish: 1) smink
- Spanish: 1) maquillaje (male)
- Hungarian: 1) smink
Practical example sentences
Automatically selected examples in German:
„Ready-made mask or make-up yourself? Who on Make up should pay attention to health.“
Day 24, October 24, 2018
„How much Make up is it allowed in artistic gymnastics? The international association even had to speak a word of power. Not everyone likes it.“
Bernerzeitung.ch, November 19, 2018
„Sales of costumes and Make up runs at full speed, everything is quite complex. We have examined how one can spread horror inexpensively with simple ideas.“
WDR.de, October 30, 2018
„The special one Make up of the German Chancellor is part of the installation 'The Happy Museum' by Simon Fujiwara.“
DiePresse.com, November 5th, 2018
„House Make up in Upper Lusatia is a modern masterpiece. The family villa is now a museum - where you can stay the night. However, Bauhaus originals are also open to visitors to sleep in.“
Welt.de, April 04, 2019
„Shampoo, Make up And a shirt: With its young cosmetics division, the fashion retailer Zalando is boosting clothing sales.“
GMX, October 31, 2019
„Lady Gaga is striking for her Make up and extravagant make-up. This is the singer's intention because she wants hers Make up reflect their emotions.“
LooMee TV, July 26, 2020
„Eyes puffy from crying, smeared Make up and pill boxes everywhere.“
BILD.de, June 14, 2020
„Jimmy Kimmel has apologized for old skits in which he talks about black African American celebrities Make up parodied in the face.“
Klatsch-Tratsch.de, June 23, 2020
„Hollywood star Kiefer Sutherland was a guest in the house Make up in Löbau. MDR private concerts with Stephanie Stumph and Wigald Boning were recorded there again.“
Day 24, October 14, 2020
The usage examples were selected automatically and may therefore contain errors.
Thesaurus & Synonyms
- Make up: Use of cosmetic products to beautify the face; cosmetic products for
Another word (synonym) for make-up - Source: OpenThesaurus
Entries from our dictionary containing "make-up":
camouflage: Camouflage, deception, deception, make-up, make-up Opposite words: 1) Signal color Examples of use: 1) Red areas can be neutralized with the complementary color green before applying the camouflage
cover: intransitive (from paint or make-up): do not let the background shine through 11) animal breeding: mate 12) coincide (geometry): congruent (congruent) coincide (transferred): suggest a connection through agreement coincide (sport): oneself with the arms and possibly
War paint: Make-Up, Schminke General terms: 1) Body painting Typical word combinations: in / with (full) war paint Translations English: warpaint Swedish: krigsmålning
to paint: ... lime (with lime), varnish (with varnish), varnish, (by spraying) spray 1b) make-up, put on rouge, make-up, apply; (derogatory) to paint oneself, to paint oneself ...
trucco:… Il trucco (to get the hang of it) Translations German: 1) Trick (male); 2) cheating (male), dizziness (male); 3) Kniff (male); 4) Make-up (female) ...
Rate & Share
Rate the dictionary entry or share it with friends.
Quote & print
Quote this page:
"Make up" in the online dictionary Wortbedeutung.info (24.5.2021) URL: https://www.wortbedeutung.info/Schminke/
Comments from users
There are currently no comments on this entry.
Complete the dictionary entry
Wortscheutung.info is a Language dictionary and is used to look up all linguistic information. It's explicit not an encyclopedia and no subject dictionary that explains content. You can add comments such as examples of use or hints on the use of the term "make-up" and thus help to improve our dictionary. Questions, requests for help and complaints are not welcome and will be deleted immediately. HTML tags are not allowed.
The following terms
makeup (German) Part of speech: Declined form Hyphenation: Schmin | ken Pronunciation / Stress: IPA: [ˈʃmɪŋkn̩]…
Make-up utensil (German) Part of speech: noun, (neuter) cases: nominative: singular make-up utensil; Most make-up utensils ...
Make-up utensils (German) Part of Speech: Declined Form Hyphenation: Schmink | uten | si | li | en Pronunciation / Stress: IPA:…
Make-up utensils (German) Part of speech: Declined form Hyphenation: Schmink | uten | sils Pronunciation / Emphasis: IPA:…
Emery paper (German) Part of speech: noun, (neuter) cases: nominative: singular emery paper; Majority of emery papers ...
Emery papers (German) Part of Speech: Declined form Secondary forms: Dative Singular: Sandpaper Hyphenation: ...
Emery papers (German) Part of Speech: Declined Form Hyphenation: Schmir | gel | pa | pie | ren Pronunciation / Emphasis: IPA:…
Emery paper (German) Part of speech: Declined form Secondary forms: Emery paper Hyphenation: Schmir | gel | pa | pie | res…
- Can you finish the sentence is hope
- What is the CIA doing
- Why is Denmark not poor
- What is the most cited YouTube video
- Why was Britpop popular
- How does Halki Diabetes Remedy work
- Who are the social media police
- Will Burberry ever go on sale?
- Ibogaine can change the life of an addict
- How is economic growth affecting global warming?
- You can dye artificial leather
- The 2009 Ford Escape Hybrid is reliable
- All mutagens cause cancer
- What is the zodiac sign for January
- Which are some natural beauty products
- Who invented the saree blouse?
- How does nutrition affect the child's development?
- Why is Starbucks operating in Italy
- Why, how, when was Columbus Day started
- What you have achieved from GATE
- What is the cell morphology of mycoplasma
- Who is the best speaker in India
- What's your favorite moment for David Bowie
- Are microbes running away from life-threatening situations
- Are you more beautiful than your friends
- Why is the hereafter so powerful
- Forcing someone to smoke weeds, illegally
- Where can I submit educational games for children
- Why should all cars be electric
- How astronomers color space photos
- What is the meaning of then for today
- Why does Cersei Lannister always drink wine
- What do you mean by Naga Baba
- How does English complement your programming skills