Do you have smartphones in Guatemala
No more smartphone stress
So keep your fingers off the digital companion
One thing is clear: your smartphone is your new office, your immediate and most important work device, your loyal companion and helper in all situations. But precisely because we are becoming more and more dependent on our smartphones, it is important to learn how to use them healthily. After all, every piece of work equipment involves dangers. So does your smartphone. But only very few are aware of this.
A recent survey by Deloitte Global says: 85 percent of all smartphone users check their messages while they are in a conversation, for example with friends. An average of 47 times a day. That's a lot. And hand on heart, how often have you resolved not to merge with your device - especially when it just happens out of boredom and you are not doing anything productive?
But how do you manage the digital "withdrawal" when the smartphone has become our digital navel to the new world? Quite simply: with a little self-reflection.
Or you are betting on a new trend: a mahogany smartphone. No joke, you can already buy it like this: a piece of wood, in the design of a smartphone, equipped with controls on the sides for nervous hands. At the latest when you need something like this, you should read our following tips carefully.
- It's over in the evening! What corporations like VW and Porsche can do, you can also do: There (and also in many other companies) emails that are sent after a certain time are only forwarded on the next working day. For you this means: let your professional communication run through your own app, ideally through your own smartphone, which you can simply switch off after 6 p.m., for example. Even if it is unfamiliar the first few times and you think that you have lost your most important orders and customers: you will notice after a few days that nothing will happen if you simply switch off.
- Switching off on vacation: Vacation is vacation and you should remain inaccessible. There are only a few professions and functions in which one has to break this rule. So if you are not a CEO, head of the safety department of a nuclear reactor or an emergency doctor, then you can switch off.
- Treat yourself to two hours of smartphone rest per day: Schedule your smartphone break like a business meeting. Select a fixed period of time per day in which you do not touch your device.
- Activate airplane mode in between: If you are working on an important matter, need to think, or are on your way to or from work, just activate airplane mode. On the one hand, you have the security of knowing that your smartphone is ready to hand and ready to use again with one click. On the other hand, you will not be bothered with messages, calls or other notifications during this time.
- Leave your smartphone at home or in the office! Sounds tough, but goes with point 4: Select certain time windows during which you cannot be reached by phone. You will receive important messages by SMS, e-mail or voicemail anyway - or the appropriate people will try again later.
- Do not use your smartphone as a watch! The temptation to unlock your device after reading the time and randomly scroll through apps, pictures or social media is too great. If you really want to reduce your screen time, buy a nice watch.
Time for self-reflection: why do I pick up the phone?
- Why do I grab my smartphone? Whenever you want to pick up your cell phone again, ask yourself this question. For many people, a cell phone is a welcome hiding place. As absurd as it may sound at first, the smartphone helps us to appear busy.
- Limit screen time: You can easily limit your screen time yourself and receive a warning if it is exceeded.
- Turn off unnecessary notifications: There a callsign, there a red 3, then again a push notification ... the flood of messages can easily be stemmed: Deactivate all not absolutely necessary notifications. And another tip: Deactivate the preview of the message texts. In this way you will not be distracted by messages or compelled to reply immediately.
- "Hide" your smartphone: That sounds brutal, but it works very well. Leave the smartphone in your pocket, car, jacket or anywhere else for a while. At least out of your reach. You will see: after a few times, it does not come off.
- Last but not least: Automate and simplify your tasks! Analyze which activities are wasted the most time. An example from our industry: Internet banking times can be shortened considerably with the MobileBanking app from Bank Austria.
- All marriages become friendships at some point
- How can I be arrested to death?
- What is your favorite local charity
- When autumn in Canada
- Humans are a good source of protein
- What is an artist agent
- How do I get virtual cards
- What are some great recipes with watercress
- Why does Quora not have a signature function
- Who is your favorite writer on Wattpad
- What affects the energy of a wave
- Why is real wasabi so expensive
- How can I generate electricity
- Did Mao enjoy killing?
- What makes Super Mario fun
- Can replace AI call center agents
- Is intuition beyond the mind
- When does the crescent-shaped aortic valve open?
- What is online media
- What's your favorite Indian curry vegetarian
- What are examples of adherent behavior
- Obama uses Netflix
- How do we define an ethnic group
- How can you avoid over speeding?