What are good books for computer architecture
Computer architecture - books?
I think the question is not easy to answer either, because there are several levels of knowledge that hardly any book covers extensively.
A relatively good overview book was e.g. the PC hardware book by Hans Messmer, unfortunately the last edition was very easy to ride because of the amount of information, but still good.
For the memory organization of Windows it would be good to know how Dos and Realmode were structured and how the further development towards Windows goes hand in hand with the further development of the Pentium (Protected Mode). First understand real mode, then protected mode and also virtual mode and the later "rip" mode (64 bit).
You also need tools like disassemblers and debuggers, memory dumpers and stuff like that to look at system internals directly.
In addition, there are source codes here and there from system-level programs that also help.
Certain literature by Windows experts such as Jeffrey Richter or Solomon and Russinovich would also be worth reading.
If you know exactly where to go, it's easier to say what tools you can use. Thread posting sounds a bit like "wants to" program "the operating system. The best way to make rapid progress here is to join others who are working on an" operating system. "
- How does God take care of us?
- What is the BTech career like at UPES
- Is Bill Clinton dead
- Where do I put my password
- Which companies create shopping cart software
- When did you sell your soul
- What do sea lions look like
- Is a card printing business profitable
- Which crypto is better than Ripple
- Is Neha Kakkar a good singer
- What's your last favorite iOS feature
- How schools teach the NIOS curriculum
- Mike Pence wants to be president
- What is strong force 1
- Do EPUB files work in Nook
- Where did the subway run
- How do I do Telnet on Linux
- Cavities can occur overnight
- Who was Imran in the Koran
- What is your biggest concern in retirement
- How can I get rid of laziness
- How could humans and AI develop together?
- How do I hear the English language better
- Does kefir really improve gut health
- How does Satoshi Nakamoto spend his days
- Why did eBay get started
- Accepts Bucknell AP credit
- Can you write 0 02 as a tenth
- What are some famous spots in Erode
- How do diagenetic processes affect porosity?
- How do digital synthesizers compare to analog ones?
- Is it wrong to put yourself in the shoes of psychopaths?
- What is the purpose of diplomacy
- What makes Quentin Tarantino a good director