Would you swim with a dolphin
Swimming with dolphins: an unforgettable experience
Whether for therapeutic reasons, to fulfill a childhood dream or simply as a special highlight of the holiday - swimming with a dolphin remains an unforgettable experience. The fact that the sensitive mammals prefer the warm regions and the sea will certainly help you when planning your vacation. We'll show you eight holiday destinations where you can get as close as possible to the bottlenose dolphins.
1. Swim with dolphins in Florida
Florida is rightly considered the center of dolphin swimming and therefore offers a whole range of opportunities to get close to the intelligent marine life. Our particular preference is the Dolphin Cove Research & Education Center in Key Largo. Here the animals decide for themselves how close they want to get to people in free swimming and can keep a species-appropriate distance. Direct contact can also be sought at structured swim, where a supervisor mediates between dolphin and human and ensures the necessary safety.
2. Bimini: sensitive encounter with marine mammals
The Bahamas are best known for their beautiful beaches and their summery climate. A school for dolphin swimming has developed on this archipelago, which is trend-setting for the encounter between humans and animals. Bimini has made it their business to make the approach between dolphin and swimmer as gentle as possible for both sides. Especially if you are swimming with a dolphin for the first time or have little diving experience, the WildQuest program can offer a sensitive introduction.
3. Varadero: with the catamaran for a dolphin swim
If you already have some diving experience and want to see dolphins offshore and swim with them, then Cuba offers you a unique opportunity to do so. The small town of Varadero is only ten minutes away from the port of Marina, from which you can set off by catamaran. In small groups of around 15 men, you will go on a dive with the dolphins, accompanied by a trainer. This trainer will then help you to make the initial contact between humans and animals as pleasant as possible. Varadero is well developed for tourism and can be easily reached from Germany by plane.
4. Ogasawara archipelago: dreamy experiences on Japan's most beautiful islands
Dolphins certainly don't come to mind when you think of Japan. Dolphin swimming is also possible and popular in Japan if you only have a little patience. The Ogasawara archipelago, about a day's journey from Tokyo, makes up for it with a unique sight, which rightly made the archipelago a world heritage site in 2011. If you want to swim with the dolphins here, you should have some experience as a swimmer or at least have learned to snorkel in advance. Anyone who takes this effort will get their money's worth thanks to the unique landscape and crystal clear water.
5. Lajes do Pico: Europe's spot for a date with dolphins
There are also many opportunities within Europe to get as close as possible to the bottlenose dolphins. From Lajes do Pico, located on the Portuguese island of Pico, there are daily trips to the sea. There you have the chance to dive with the dolphins for three hours. Small groups make it possible to keep the experience individual and to make the dance with the dolphins a unique experience.
6. Marmaris: Experience dolphins up close in their element
For those who don't want to venture too far out to sea, the Dolphin Therapy & Activity Center in Marmaris, Turkey is an ideal opportunity to get close to the animals without having to trust a boat. The park is right by the sea and offers different ways to get close to the animals, depending on personal preference. Whether watching dolphins, swimming with them or even trying yourself a day as a dolphin trainer: The Dolphin Therapy & Activity Center fulfills all of these wishes.
7. Curaçao: Dolphin therapy in the Dutch Caribbean paradise
The Curaçao Dolphin Therapy & Research Center (CDTC) has set itself the task of helping people with various diseases such as autism, Down syndrome or psychological complaints through dolphin therapy. During the entire duration of the therapy, the patient is accompanied and individually cared for by experienced doctors and therapists. And for those accompanying them, Curaçao also offers the opportunity to find a little relaxation themselves and to follow the patient's progress with their own eyes.
8. Balearic Islands: contribute to the protection of dolphins with Oceancare
Finally, a special kind of travel tip: If you are attracted by the proximity to dolphins, but a little afraid of water yourself, the Balearic Islands offer you a different type of encounter. Here you can be close to the dolphins as well as actively contribute to their rescue. Oceancare allows you to follow the dolphins' paths on a sailing ship for two weeks. During the drive along the Balearic Islands, you will see whales and sea turtles as well as dolphins. In addition, with your observations, you are actively involved in a research project on the survival of marine animals in the Mediterranean. Your work therefore contributes directly to the protection of marine mammals.
: Cover picture source: # 211610823 | Copyright: © yakovlevadaria - stock.adobe.com
- What kind of Tylenol can kill you
- What are some trends in politics
- Who is the father of poetry
- How many grandchildren did Queen Victoria have
- Why do people become role models
- What is the brythonic word for honey?
- What do people think of this religion
- How do I induce autophagy
- Tiny particles can have huge amounts of energy
- Charge your phone overnight
- Why do I always miss my boyfriend
- What are the new nutrition trends
- In which year does the prehistory end
- Check employers' work history
- How can I safely search the deep web
- How do you win at table tennis
- Are audio recordings of voices correct?
- Needs a stewardess Frankfinn
- How to say tongue in Greek
- Who is the favorite politician in Chhattisgarh
- How to soften butter for baking
- Can I save in Lightroom for the web?
- What is an over in cricket
- Is diversification important in crypto currency