Is 55 2 greater than 1 10
Greater and lesser - relation signs
Which number is greater: 11 or 21?
Clearly! The 11 is considerably further to the left compared to the 21. You then either say that the 11 is smaller than the 21 or that the 21 is larger than the 11. It is then written like this:
11 <21 spoken: the eleven is smaller than the twenty-one
21> 11 spoken: the twenty-one is greater than the eleven
But there is also the case where you specify a range that is greater than a number or that is greater than and equal to a number.
Example: A parent sends their child to go shopping. He or she is supposed to buy a piece of bread (referred to as B in the following text), but the parent only knows that it is definitely more expensive than € 2.00, but that it will not exceed € 5.00:
B> € 2.00 B is greater than 2
B <5.00 € B is less than 5
You can also write it in one line, the smallest all the way to the left, the largest all the way to the right:
This time the parent knows the price of the bread. It costs € 3.00. It in turn sends its child to buy bread. This time, however, if there is, he should also bring spreads with him. The child will therefore pay at least € 3.00 in the grocery store, maybe more. P is the total price. That means either it costs exactly € 3.00 if there is no spread or more, if one is available.
P = € 3.00 P equals 3
P> 3.00 € P is greater than 3
There is a symbol for less than or equal to and greater than or equal to:
P is at least 3 or alternatively: P is greater than or equal to 3
3 is the smallest possible for P or alternatively: 3 is less than or equal to P.
If everything costs a maximum of € 6.00 and a minimum of € 3.00, it looks like this:
P at least 3 but at most 6 or alternatively: 3 is less than or equal to P less than or equal to 6
- Can someone tell me something about eBIZ
- Release second hand smoke from Ecigs
- Where are Oscars held
- What's SO in marketing
- Why doesn't my DirecTV receiver switch on?
- Why do we get sick and die
- Why aren't alcohol and cigarettes illegal?
- What are your fees for the IAS Academy
- Aliens 1986 is an overrated film
- Is Ronald Koeman the new Alex Ferguson
- What are gravitational fields
- Pays Canada the monarchy
- Which Samsung phones are waterproof
- How to measure the height of the gait
- What does enviable attribute mean
- How do you say it in Swedish?
- What is the purpose of commercial lighting
- New York needs prison reform
- When should I buy an electric guitar?
- Are there books with an alternative ending s
- What are upcoming stock markets in India
- How do I make a cult film
- What's the scariest ride in the world
- What is the best plastic pipe for installation