Is nitrous oxide just helium
Helium balloons: Inhaling the gas is life-threatening
Using helium gas to generate Mickey Mouse voices from balloons can be harmful to health and even life-threatening. Because if the colorless and odorless gas is inhaled too long or too often in a row, it can lead to unconsciousness without warning. The gas displaces oxygen from the lungs unnoticed. Helium from gas cylinders is particularly dangerous because the gas escapes there at high pressure ...
The professional association of paediatricians warns parents not to let children experiment with helium gas for balloons in order to generate Mickey Mouse voices. The colorless and odorless gas is harmful to life if it is inhaled too long or too often in a row. “The insidious thing about it is that unconsciousness can occur without warning, as the gas displaces oxygen from the lungs unnoticed by those affected. Especially when helium is inhaled from gas cylinders, a life-threatening situation can quickly arise, as the gas escapes there at high pressure, ”explains Dr. Ulrich Fegeler, pediatrician and federal press spokesman for the professional association of paediatricians (BVKJ). Children are thrilled when helium makes a very high-pitched voice when they speak, but parents should not allow them to use it unsupervised.
Helium can, among other things, trigger a brain embolism with stroke-like symptoms, as gas bubbles form in the blood. The brain region supplied by the affected blood vessels is cut off from the supply of nutrients and dies. In addition to permanent lung damage, inhaling helium can therefore also lead to failure of certain areas of the brain. "Children should therefore never play with helium balloons alone, and appropriate fuel bottles should be kept out of their reach," advises Dr. Fegeler.
- What was the inspiration for Eventbrite Company
- How can I crack the CD 2016 exam
- Where is today's technology leader
- There is music theory research
- What is meant by landlocked states
- How can a company benefit from zero inventory
- Why is psychosocial assessment important
- How can Evernote be improved
- What is soft swing
- Is sand and water a homogeneous mixture
- Why does social media generate narcissistic behaviors
- How often are trades made
- How can I join Harvard or Stanford
- Are no tension straps aversive
- Can I find my deleted files?
- Are there unsafe areas in Tallinn, Estonia
- Air pollution causes mood swings
- What will Jon Snow name his baby
- Can cause tinnitus headache
- Why is nitrogen dioxide so toxic
- Which guided meditations are available online
- Is Munich expensive
- How do I find the source API
- Pork Teacup pigs are delicious