What constitutes a fluent foreign language
Foreign language skills in the résumé - The importance of basic knowledge of English and other language skills
When listing your language skills in curriculum vitae information on the level of knowledge must not be missing. But how do you assess your foreign language skills realistically?
Language skills in the curriculum vitae
There is still no uniformly used and official definition for language skills. Even if HR managers know that behind "expandable knowledge" usually "Basic knowledge”, It becomes more difficult to define“ good ”or“ fluent ”knowledge.
Language certificates and recognized language tests
Only language certificates or recognized language tests, such as the TOEFL English test, the TCF French test or the UNIcert certificate system, in which the level of knowledge is assessed, provide information.
If you do not have a language certificate, the following list gives you some pointers for the classification of your foreign language skills:
Foreign language skills in the curriculum vitae
Language skills Designation "expandable / basic knowledge"
At expandable or. Basic knowledge It is about school knowledge that is sufficient to find your way around on vacation, for example, or to make a short phone call.
Designation "good English skills" or language skills "conversational"
At good Foreign language skills or when specifying conversational Conversations and telephone calls in the foreign language are possible without any problems.
Designation "very good or fluent knowledge of English"
Participation in subject-related conversations and discussions is with very good or fluent foreign language skills possible without any problems.
Description "Contractual or negotiable in word and writing"
The name of your own Language skills as business fluent almost reaches the level of a native speaker. When specifying foreign language skills, however, an exaggerated classification is out of place.
Foreign language skills can be checked very quickly in an interview. Are those in the résumé as "fluently“Specified English skills then only as Basic knowledge out, this can mean the premature end for the applicant.
CV - series of articles
You can find all important information about the résumé here
Resume templates 2019 - convincing content is the be-all and end-all of your application
Online application on the Stellenangebote.de job exchange
Small note on our own behalf: On our Job Market You can find job vacancies clearly structured according to your region and your occupational field on stellenangebote.de.
Vacancies and jobs according to occupational fields
Vacancies and jobs by city
Write a convincing online application - tips on the structure, the cover sheet and the PDF e-mail application
For reasons of readability, we use the masculine form (generic masculine), e.g. B. "the employee". We always mean all genders in terms of equal treatment. The shortened language form has editorial reasons and is neutral.
- Looking for the best Hollywood content providers
- Automation is coming
- Is trade better than science for girls
- Why did Simon Cowell leave American Idol
- Who is the richest player in the world
- Cancer is a communicable disease
- What is the national sport of Ethiopia
- Is the South China Sea legal
- Has a butterfly ever landed on you
- How can someone best teach the students
- Why are emojis always yellow
- Why does Windows feel more fluid than Linux
- What does the Ashoka Chakra actually represent
- Why is Rome so expensive
- Witch doctors can use weapons
- What is right brain psychoanalysis
- What is meant by a water infection
- Besides plants, what do sheep eat?
- All content marketers are SEO specialists
- What is your life going on?
- What's the rudest question you've ever asked
- What was Queen songs about?
- What does ni fattar ingenting mean here?
- How are enzymes affected by heat