Why do some cats like to rub their stomach?
This is why some cats like to cuddle and others don't
Many cats love to cuddle and cuddle with their humans. They press firmly against people, demand petting and some even like to lie down on their belly or chest, purr and fall asleep there. Some cats even ask complete strangers to be petted. Other cats, on the other hand, only allow themselves to be petted briefly, hate being picked up, and would never think of lying on a person. We explain, where this behavior comes from and like you Convince your cat to cuddle can.
That is why cats seek to be close to humans
When a cat hugs people and lets them stroke it, it is similar to behavior that cats have known from birth. Kittens cuddle up to the mother cat from the moment they are born. This place means for the newborn cats Security, warmth and absolute security.
When the cats snuggle up close to their humans later, it is a sign of great affection and trust. Even now she enjoys the closeness, warmth and affection.
Reasons why some cats don't like to cuddle
But there are also cats who don't seem to like petting and cuddling. Some cats enjoy brief pats, but would never think of lying on humans. If a cat does not want to cuddle at all, there can be different reasons:
1. No or too little socialization in kitten age
The first weeks of life are considered to be the imprinting phase. If the kitten does not get to know any people during this time - or if it even has negative experiences with people (such as being picked up suddenly, rough handling and forced cuddling) - this experience will later influence the behavior of the cat.
If a cuddly cat suddenly cannot be petted, this is an alarm signal. Pain, often arthritis in older cats, can trigger this defensive stance. A visit to the vet is essential.
3. Cat character
If a cat doesn't like to cuddle and lie on top of humans, it doesn't mean that it likes or doesn't trust humans any less. Just like humans, cats have different characters with different needs.
5 important rules for cuddling and petting
Veterinarian Sabine Schroll, who is particularly concerned with behavioral medicine in cats, names five rules that we must absolutely observe when petting and cuddling cats:
- rather more often and therefor shorter petting - some cats find it uncomfortable if petting takes too long.
- At the Head, neck and chin are the "public" areas where most cats like to be petted.
- Behind the shoulders, at the belly and to the Paws The private areas begin, which are only caressed with express invitation and with careful, polite approach; for some cats this is an absolute taboo.
- Stroking and cuddling should be one interactive employment Being between cats and humans - simply petting them while watching TV, reading or talking on the phone, tempts you to overlook the cat's stop signals.
- Cats that are not so fond of being petted tolerate human desires once they have learned that afterwards they will get what they prefer: play, treat or yours freedom.
The cat is most likely to gain confidence when it can say that it does not like petting now or no longer - and that these signals are not only understood but also respected.
Get shy cats used to petting
Most cats can, under certain conditions, learn that petting and cuddling people is nice. Fearful and poorly socialized cats simply have no experience with relaxed cuddling hours. They fear hands because they have been grabbed and held. Depending on their personality, these cats only fight off all contact aggressively or they freeze in fear.
Cats generally love it when they at least have that in a situation or encounter Sense of control be allowed to keep. First of all, this means leaving all approaches, petting and touching to the cat. She can decide when, how long and where she wants to have physical contact. In the simplest case - in the case of suspicious cats, when getting used to it - it is sufficient to offer the back of the hand in such a way that the cat can typically rub its head on it as it passes.
In 2 steps: approach with particularly shy cats
However, if the distance to the cat is so great that approaching it becomes unthinkable, only patience and confidence-building measures will help.
- Step 1: For shy cats, the first big learning step is to be able to tolerate being around a person in a relaxed manner. With delicacies, also play for active cats and sometimes the pure presence in the room, the cat gets used to the closeness of people.
- Step 2: The first contacts are best left incidentally and as if by chance, touching them with one hand or at a greater distance with a fishing rod, riding crop or peacock feather are ideal ways to make it look like a mistake.
It is interesting that after weeks and months of patient approach, many cats sometimes suddenly decide to let themselves be petted from now on.
In order to reduce stress and fear not only through unobtrusive behavior, but also in the cat's system, pheromones and all tasty, relaxation-promoting food supplements that are voluntarily ingested with the food are suitable. This makes the cat's mood more stable and connects experiences with pleasant emotions.
- Show podcasts in Google search
- Lonely looking for a job abroad
- How do you find the greater good
- Help startup incubators with product development
- Could Arda Turan really join Barcelona?
- What causes people to bleed internally
- Is sastra good in CSE
- What is the formula for sulfur gas
- How do I delete someone on Snapchat
- What are some of the subtleties of British grammar
- Who is your favorite person besides you
- How are the hostels doing at IIIT Kurnool
- How similar are songwriting and poetry writing
- Can apps steal photos?
- What is the distribution of seats at JBIMS
- What is Newton's Gravity on Earth
- Is CSE an advantage in engineering
- How can I identify small house spiders
- Can i purify my heart
- Why is honey more viscous than water
- How do you teach children to share
- Does Walmart offer safety inspections Why
- Hillary Clinton is a true Christian
- Why are podcasts so hard to follow
- What is the most psychedelic animal
- How can I identify computer virus programs
- Have you written answers on Quora
- Neither study pain nor gain
- Can someone have calm panic attacks
- What are the possible reasons for sleepiness
- TALLENTEX is tough
- Why are pants only for girls
- Does your brain work after drinking alcohol
- What all the IP protocols show