How do logopaedists help clients
Time spent on therapy & training
The Total duration and intensity of therapy and training phases depends, among other things, on personal goals, the extent of the underlying difficulties or development wishes and, last but not least, on the available resources.
Each individual therapy session or training unit in the practice or in home visits includes 60 minutes. Are in it 50 minutes of direct therapy on the client and 10 minutes of preparation and follow-up contain.
The Total duration and intensity of group therapies can vary depending on the target group and group size and will therefore be announced separately in the corresponding announcements.
What is included in therapy & training
- logopedic assessment
- Therapy and training planning
- Preparation and follow-up for each individual hour
- concrete implementation of therapy or training
- Joint planning of transfer tasks in order to gradually transfer what has been learned into everyday life
- Relatives advice / guidance as required
- logopedic progress documentation
On separate request:
- Intermediate and final logopedic reports for health insurance companies
Place (s) for therapy & training
Traditionally, therapies and trainings take place in the practice instead of or alternatively as Tele-speech therapy.
In addition, offer themselves further options outside of closed spaces:
On the one hand, to gradually increase what you have learned in real life", i.e. to anchor it in contact with family, friends, school or work. This is where tasks in public spaces, in shops, libraries, etc. come into play, especially in stuttering and voice therapy. Always in consultation with the client and always in a place that suits them.
For forms of therapy in which freedom of movement plays an important role, there are outdoor speech therapy units at. Prater, Augarten, Danube Island, but also playgrounds and walks in the area are often a useful alternative to the practice room, especially in times of Corona.
However, if there is a medical indication, therapies can also be used in home visit occur.
Possible therapy, training and counseling languages
All therapies and training can be based on German be performed.
In addition, stands for stuttering therapies, voice therapies and voice training, too English to disposal. In a pinch would come in these cases also Italian and French in question. At all other languages can it help sometimes Interpreters to be included.
Relatives counseling can be used for all types of therapy in German and English Tobe offered. If necessary, a person you trust can also be brought along to translate other languages.
Medical prescription yes or no?
Unless there is a diagnosis and you choose to do so of your own free will for pure training want to decide no prescription is necessary. All you need to do is make an appointment.
For individual speech therapy you need in addition to making an appointment a regulation, which is ideally issued by a specialist and should contain the following points:
- name and address the patient
- Insurance number the patient
- Medical diagnosis
- Therapy recommendation (usually "10 x speech therapy of 60 minutes" and, if a home visit is absolutely necessary, "with home visit")
- Valid date of issue (The date of issue of the prescription should be MAX. 2 WEEKS BEFORE THE ACTUAL START OF THERAPY, as this corresponds to the requirements of various health insurance companies)
Please bring the prescription or one at the first lesson Copy or send me a corresponding scan. The original remains with you.
A suitable prescription is also a prerequisite for speech therapy group therapies.
Due to different framework conditions in terms of target group, duration and intensity, the relevant details will be announced in connection with the respective group offer.
Doctor's approval yes or no?
A simple prescription is sufficient for speech therapy.
But if you would like some of the therapy costs to be borne by your health insurance company you should obtain approval from the chief physician for the prescription before starting therapy. You can do this either in person or by post at your health insurance company. The empirical value for the processing time is around 2 - 4 weeks.
For information: The health insurance institutions ÖGK and BVAEB have due to the Covid-19 pandemic the Authorization requirement suspended until revoked. The SVS continues to require the authorizations, while the KFA considers the initial application to be subject to authorization, but subsequent ordinances do not require authorization.
Billing and payment
As a speech therapist by choice, I issue a monthly invoice for the services provided in the previous month.
Payment is made up to a maximum of 10 days after receipt of the invoice by transfer to the following account:
Austrian Post Savings Bank
Recipient: Petra Nickel
Please always quote invoice numbers
(Partial) refund by the health insurance company
If you want to have part of the therapy costs reimbursed by your health insurance company, you should obtain approval from the chief physician for the prescription before starting therapy. You can do this either in person or by post at your health insurance company. The empirical value for the processing time is around 2 - 4 weeks.
You can inquire about the refund rates for therapies carried out by freelance speech therapists in the benefits department of your health insurance company.
If your prescription certificate is approved, you can subsequently apply for a (partial) refund from your health insurance company.
Submission of a refund
As soon as you have paid the last partial invoice for a current prescription at the latest, you can submit it to the responsible health insurance company for reimbursement in person or by post to your health insurance company.
To do this, you need:
- the Approved ordinance in the original
- all bills about the therapies provided of this regulation
- associated Payment confirmations (Transfer receipts)
Therapy and training tariffs
- Speech therapy in PRACTICE - Regular rate: € 81.00 / therapy hour
TELE speech therapy - regular rate: € 81.00 / therapy hour
- Speech therapy in PRACTICE - special rate in socially justified cases: € 71.00 / therapy hour
TELE speech therapy - special rate in socially justified cases: € 71.00 / therapy hour
- HOUSE VISIT SURCHARGE (plus practice rate): € 29.00 / therapy hour
It is important to me, if necessary, to look for common solutions for formal matters as well. Even if, as an optional therapist, I cannot settle accounts directly with the health insurance companies, I am always and generally ready for discussions in socially justified cases. So that urgent therapies do not fail because they are financially viable.
Group therapy rates can vary depending on the intensity and size of the group and will therefore be announced separately in the relevant announcements.
- Individual speech therapy training in PRAXIS - Regular rate: € 81.00 / training hour
- Individual speech therapy training in PRAXIS - special rate in socially justified cases: € 71.00 / training hour
- HOUSE VISIT SURCHARGE (plus practice rate): € 29.00 / training hour
Joint double training:
- Joint logopedic double training in PRAXIS - regular tariff: € 120.50 / joint training unit of 80 minutes each
- Joint speech therapy double training in PRAXIS - special rate in socially justified cases € 100 / joint training unit of 80 minutes each
- HOUSE VISIT SURCHARGE (plus practice rate): € 29.00 / joint training session
Group training tariffs can vary depending on the intensity and group size and will therefore be announced separately in the relevant announcements.
Scope of the respective units
Individual setting speech therapy:
Includes a speech therapy unit in an individual setting, 60 minutes each and is composed as follows, depending on the requirements:
50 minutes Therapy or training directly on and with clients and 10 minutes Preparation and review (Selection of specific therapy materials and exercises, passing on information to relatives, documentation, etc.)
50 minutes consultation with clients and / or their relatives and 10 minutes Preparation and review (Selection of specific information material, evaluation and documentation)
50 minutes logopedic assessment directly with clients and 10 minutes Preparation and review (Selection of specific test materials, evaluation and documentation)
Detailed written reports (e.g. for health insurance, rehabilitation stays, etc.) are offset against a practice unit (60 minutes).
Joint double training:
In addition to individual speech therapy training, there is also the option of teaming up with another person. For this kind of Joint double training sessions usually consist of 90 minutes each and is composed as follows, depending on the requirements:
80 minutes joint double training directly on and with both clients and 10 minutes Preparation and review (Selection of specific therapy materials and exercises, passing on information to relatives, documentation, etc.)
80 minutes joint consultation with client and / or their relatives and 10 minutes Preparation and review (Selection of specific information material, evaluation and documentation)
Handling of my data
All client or patient-related data will be included in the course of my speech therapy work treated in accordance with the legal provisions of the DATA PROTECTION REGULATION (GDPR) and with the end of the respectively applicable legally defined Retention period destroyed:
The careful - and inaccessible to unauthorized persons - safekeeping of NAMES, ADDRESSES, EMAIL ADDRESSES, TELEPHONE and INSURANCE NUMBERS, as well as therapy and training-relevant information about SAWARERS, PARENTALS as CLIENTS, REPORTS, DIRECTORS AIMING and RUNNING is given here for both handwritten and digital data.
The storage of NAMES, ADDRESSES, E-MAIL ADDRESSES, TELEPHONE and INSURANCE NUMBERS, as well as of SUPERVISORS, PARENTALS as the CLIENT serves on the one hand to establish contact and thus the organizational and content-related coordination, on the other hand these are a natural part of the billing.
In addition, they are collected together with information on DIAGNOSES, FINDINGS, REPORTS, GOALS and PROCESSES of the therapy or training for the legally binding documentation.
The use of the mobile phone is only intended for speech therapy purposes and is done exclusively by myself.
REPORTS are only prepared in consultation with or at the request of those affected and are only forwarded to third parties (usually health insurances or rehabilitation facilities) with their consent.
Choice of digital provider:
With EDIS, my chosen data processor, I consciously became a reliable provider for my domain registration, hosting my website, the transport and delivery of speech therapy e-mails including spam and virus filtering and / or the provision of server infrastructure (Dedicated servers or VPS of different technologies) selected.
EDIS declares legally binding (a corresponding contract is available) that the company has taken all necessary measures to ensure the security of processing in accordance with Art. 32 GDPR.
Data processing activities are carried out by EDIS exclusively within the EU or the EEA.
You can find detailed information on individual and group settings underConditions.
- What is mature tissue in plants
- How do nuclear codes work
- Who would win Bowser against Yoshi?
- What should you never see in life
- How do candlesticks help investors
- In court, what is the Alford courtship
- Why Islam is for all people
- How do pilots avoid flocks of birds
- Why is Hasselblad so expensive
- Is consciously related perspective an illusion
- What color of eyeliner looks good
- What causes respiratory failure
- Who gives the best astrology report
- Is Lorde's song Perfect Places about drugs
- What's your favorite type of vegan cupcake
- How can I learn faster at work
- Has parenting changed you How
- What if you get polio
- Are audio recordings of voices correct?
- How do you fast for God
- Why shouldn't I flaunt my wealth?
- How can I request a response from Quora
- Anxiety can cause drowsiness
- Where should someone start reading Judith Butler