Why aren't alcohol and cigarettes illegal?
That is why drug laws are scientifically incomprehensible
Why we accept one drug more than the other has to do with our past. In the United States, for example, alcohol was banned in the 1920s. But the prohibition of alcohol was not a success in the fight against the drug. Then cannabis was banned. For a personal reason: Harry Anslinger, the head of the Ministry for Prohibition, needed a new "enemy".
Dealing with drugs is not factual
The decades-long struggle against smoking and the discussion of where, who, how, when can advertise, shows that it is not only historical developments that influence attitudes towards a drug, but often “simply” economic interests. Cigarette advertising has been banned on television and radio since 1975. Tobacco advertising is still allowed on billboards today. Only at the end of 2018 was there a majority in favor of a comprehensive tobacco advertising ban at an expert hearing in the Bundestag. 40 years later!
As long as there are prejudices when it comes to drugs and their dangers, drugs are in control of the people: as long as we argue - and do not discuss objectively. For example, it could be discussed whether being addicted means being sick. Because we deal with addicts differently depending on the type of addiction: We see and evaluate an alcohol addict differently than a heroin addict. Is that logical? Because maybe the heroin addict will succeed in leading a social life differently than the alcohol addict.
In addition, many heroin addicts, for example, also suffer from other illnesses because they have to inject their drug and needles and addictive substances are often contaminated.
- How would you label this picture
- How can impotence be hereditary?
- Where did this armored picture come from
- What is digital image processing
- What is the value of 150
- What are some examples of physiological adaptations
- How do you monetize online traffic
- What are different types of tenor voices
- Time is nothing but entropy
- How can I do MCA from NIT
- Assam is now almost free of rebellion
- What are Tiptronic transmissions
- What does Haymitch mean
- What is ion propulsion
- Is the behavior really predictable
- How do you learn transcendental meditation
- Power banks damage the phone
- Which version of Fortran should I learn
- What is the purpose of a paraprofessional
- Why is agile development so polarizing
- Does magical thinking work
- What is the height formula
- Are Tuataras prey or predator
- What are the best speakers for laptops