What did Conor McGregor do

UFC star Conor McGregor announces the end of his career

UFC star Conor McGregor has announced the end of his career. The 31-year-old Irishman announced this in a statement via Twitter.

"Hi guys, I have decided to retire from fighting," said McGregor. "Thank you all for the incredible memories. What a trip it was!"

McGregor announced his retirement twice before, but kept coming back to the Octagon, like in January when he defeated Donald "Cowboy" Cerrone.

On Sunday, McGregor explained his motivation to his ESPN in more detail: "I am not enthusiastic about the game. All the waiting, nothing happens. I go through different options as my opponents, but currently there is none. There is nobody who can excited."

UFC President White: McGregor was acting strange

On Saturday morning McGregor had posted a video showing him exercising. A week earlier, the Irishman had repeatedly shown interest in possible fights against Anderson Silva or Nate Diaz. Welterweight champion Kamaru Usman also challenged McGregor.

A few hours before he announced his retirement, UFC President Dana White, when asked about McGregor, said that people had been acting strange lately. He should stop if he wants to.

The career of Conor "The Notorious" McGregor: Never been there, practically impossible, scandalous

McGregor (22-4) lost only two fights in his UFC career, against Khabib Nurmagomedov and Nate Diaz. "The Notorious" became the first ever UFC fighter to become champion in two different divisions.