Can I write 2 4 dimethylbutane
very volatile, colorless liquid with a phenolic odor
|Molar mass||86.18 g mol−1|
0.65399 g cm−3
−100 - −99.9 ° C
50 ° C
348 mbar (20 ° C)
practically insoluble in water
1.369 at 20 ° C
|As far as possible and customary, SI units are used. Unless otherwise noted, the data given apply to standard conditions. Refractive index: Na-D line, 20 ° C|
2,2-dimethylbutane is a chemical compound from the group of aliphatic saturated hydrocarbons. It is one of the five structural isomers of hexane.
Extraction and presentation
2,2-Dimethylbutane can be obtained by hydroisomerizing 2,3-dimethylbutane in the presence of a catalyst.
2,2-Dimethylbutane is a very volatile, colorless liquid with a phenol-like odor, which is practically insoluble in water.
2-Dimethylbutane is found in car and aircraft fuels to increase the octane number.
The vapors of 2,2-dimethylbutane form an explosive mixture with air (flash point -48 ° C, ignition temperature 435 ° C).
- ↑ 2,02,1data sheet 2,2-dimethylbutane, ≥99.0% (GC) from Sigma-Aldrich, accessed October 12, 2011.
- ↑ Since December 1, 2012, only GHS hazardous substance labeling has been permitted for substances. Until June 1, 2015, the R-phrases of this substance may still be used to classify preparations, after which the EU hazardous substance labeling is of purely historical interest.
- ↑ Pubchem: Neohexane
- Who was in Miles Davis' first quintet
- How do I read a novel effectively
- Girls should do strength training at the gym
- Is Portugal a good travel destination
- What should people stop being angry about?
- Are teenagers more like adults or children
- How do I activate Windows 10
- When will the Indores Pass Office begin
- Can someone have calm panic attacks
- Satan is the root of all evil
- What is the progress in the Lucknow subway
- How can I study sustainable agriculture online
- Still use pens for writing
- Can Klonopin slow down your creative process
- What are the literature discussion strategies
- Which is better under UVCE or RNSIT
- What is a symphony in music
- Why was Stephen King writing the year 1922
- Why do some people look like robots
- How do incompleteness clauses work?
- How different are the Mongolian and Chinese mentalities
- How can we stop migrations to Maharashtra
- Can we grow Shami plants indoors?
- How do you make your girlfriend happy