How can I simplify these expressions
Simplify term: rule and calculation method
We'll look at how to simplify terms here. Summary of the contents:
- A Explanationhow to simplify terms.
- Lots Examples to simplify terms.
- tasks / Exercises so that you can practice this yourself.
- Videos for dealing with term expressions.
- A Question and answer area to this topic.
Let's look at simplifying terms here. It helps a lot to understand it if you already know the basic arithmetic operations, i.e. addition, subtraction, multiplication and division. Also, make sure you understand what a variable is. You already know that? Then go on straight away. Otherwise, please read these two topics briefly first.
Explanation of simplifying terms
How can you simplify terms? Let's look at rules and calculation methods.
Rule No. 1: If there are the same variables in terms, then these can be grouped together.
The next three lines show how to summarize terms:
This also works if there is more than one variable. The next three lines show this:
The simplification also works if you use the appropriate numbers. We summarize the terms for this 6xy + 2xy together and then insert x = 2 and y = 3.
Rule No. 2: When calculating with terms, the following order must be observed when calculating:
- Point calculation (multiplication and division)
- Line calculation (addition and subtraction)
- Left to right
Examples simplify term
Can you also simplify more complex terms? Yes, we will also look at an invoice with detailed calculation steps for this.
It should be simplified 2x2y3 + 4x2y3. Then x = 4 and y = 3 should be used.
First the calculation, then the calculation method is explained in detail:
The calculation method:
- 1st line: The variables in both terms are the same, so we can simply combine 2 + 4 = 6 in the calculation.
- 2nd line: There are multiplication signs between numbers and variables. So that this becomes clear, I have written this down clearly.
- 3rd line: We insert x = 4 and y = 3.
- 4th line: The potencies are calculated first according to the priority rules. We calculate this:
- 42 = 4 · 4 = 16
- 33 = 3 · 3 · 3 = 27
- 5th line: Next, the rule point before line must be observed. We therefore now multiply from:
- 2 · 16 · 27 = 864
- 4 · 16 · 27 = 1728
- 6 · 16 · 27 = 2592
- 6th line: We see that the summary worked with 2592 = 2592.
Terms simplify tasks / exercisesShow:
Examples of simplifying terms
This video is about reshaping terms:
- I will show you how to summarize variables in terms.
- Tasks are calculated.
- The examples presented are explained step by step.
Next video »
Simplify questions with answers about terms
In this section we look at questions with answers about simplifying terms.
Q: What other topics should I watch?
A: Take a look at these areas:
- How fast is Superman's response time
- How much does Wix charge for hosting
- What will happen to the testers
- Who is the best lawyer in kerala
- Who are some famous nihilists
- Is this sentence grammatically correct 38
- How often does sleep paralysis occur?
- Can we make money with Quorra How
- Are orphanages still legal in Canada?
- Provide computers for rented offices
- What are core competencies of executives
- Who is the first billionaire in the world
- Why should homework be banned 4
- How does stainless steel resist corrosion?
- The AAP is supported by the Middle East
- How did Elvis Costello get his name?
- How to Recover Locked iPhone
- Why are so many square roots irrational?
- Linux gets a kernel lock function
- Are you obsessed with FNAF
- How can I avoid becoming a hypocrite?
- Are integrated graphics cards upgradeable
- How are glyphosate-resistant plants made
- What is the best image scanner
- Did Marvel Robert Downey Jr.
- What does opto mean in Latin
- When was the power supply invented?
- How do I get back to math?
- Has formal schooling made teaching more difficult
- Where can I buy a custom lipstick?
- How to Draw Henry Hudson
- Why should I take AP Chemistry
- A single mango tree will bear fruit