Why is GST bad
Experience report Diving use of the Society for Sport and Technology
In 1957 I organized a diving camp at the Boltenhagen campground, and my friend Siegfried was there too. We transported our equipment by rail, from Wismar with a truck belonging to the Wismar district board of GST. At the campsite we marked out a circle in the middle of which we set up the equipment tent. The other comrades who arrived the next day were supposed to pitch their tents around this tent. After our work was done, we went to a restaurant to eat.
When we returned, we were amazed: There was a strange tent in our circle. At first, for safety reasons, I wasn't happy about it, but after talking to the head of the other troupe, my mood changed: Our neighbor was the Leipzig Radio Youth Choir under the direction of national prize winner Hans Sandig. We quickly made friends, we were able to solve the safety issues, especially with regard to the handling of compressed air and oxygen bottles as well as diving equipment, through personal briefing of the choir members.
We were about 20 boys, mostly girls in the choir. Hans Sandig was happy about additional bass voices, we celebrated together every day, but we also sang and dived. We enjoyed this vacation so much that in 1958 we organized another camp together in Boltenhagen.
The old pumped storage plant was rebuilt in Dresden-Niederwartha. From the lower lake, which was fed by the Elbe, water was pumped into the upper lake at night. In this way, additional electricity was generated at peak times. Before the plant was put into operation, construction work was carried out on the building above the upper inlet, during which bricks fell into the water. These chunks would have been carried away by the water and could have destroyed the turbines.
The management of the plant requested professional divers from Magdeburg, they could not come. Finally we were asked if we could help. We prepared thoroughly. We didn't have diving suits, water temperature 12 degrees. We put on old wool sweaters and long johns. A tent was set up so that we could warm up with hot tea immediately after the mission. An ambulance was ready for all cases.
The entrance was about five meters above the water surface, we climbed laboriously on the ladder to the water. Two divers were connected to a safety guard by a safety line, and a bucket with a perforated bottom hung on the line. In addition, we each had a powerful lamp in hand. The bricks lay at a depth of six meters.
I saw nothing of the lamp, the stale Elbe water was so dirty. I felt my way forward with my fingertips and gathered up the bricks. With a pull on the leash, the bucket was pulled up and emptied. We searched for half an hour without incident, until we found nothing.
However, we had to complain about an injured person: Knut Einert, my security guard, held the leash, when I got out I slipped off a rung, but was able to catch myself with the other foot. Knut almost bit his tongue off in shock. He was taken to the hospital and his tongue sewn. We were a little proud that the commissioning of the power plant went smoothly.
In Breege-Juliusruh on the island of Rügen, I passed the "C" exam with experienced divers such as Jochen Wagner and Dietrich Kühlmann and was then allowed to train B divers independently.
- Use Pinterest 1
- Can films change the world?
- What are the two equipotential bonding surfaces
- How to use FASTag in India
- Why Some People Hate MSD So Much
- How do you say it in Swedish?
- The Internet is taking over television
- What is gram staining in medical microbiology
- Where is today's technology leader
- Is Nvidia Shield a good Plex server
- How can individuals plan healthy meals
- Which NET Profiler are you using
- How rare are Stradivarius violins
- There are different levels of enlightenment
- What foods increase blood acidity
- A platform provides a Dream11 match prediction
- Why is search engine marketing important
- Is Patna good for life
- How many views do your questions have
- What is your favorite large breed of dog
- What is Scrum Increment in Software Development
- Anger is always an irrational answer
- What is the difference between what and what
- What is the classification of politics