Are hazelnuts and macadamia nuts the same?
It tastes slightly sweet, buttery and very nutty - the macadamia nut is known as the "queen of nuts". It is the fruit of the macadamia tree that originated in Australia. The Aborigines, the indigenous people of Australia, already collected and used these nuts in the rainforests as a source of food. The protein and fat-rich nuts are comparatively expensive because cultivation and processing are complex and because the supply does not always keep pace with the steadily growing demand. Since the late 19th century, macadamia nuts have also been grown in Hawaii, where the climatic conditions are ideal. There are also macadamia plantations in other subtropical countries from Kenya to Paraguay.
A tough nut to crack
What makes macadamia nuts so difficult (and expensive) is their particularly hard shell. Immediately after harvesting, the nuts have to be dried and then cracked with machines so that the comparatively soft core can be obtained. Then the nuts are roasted. Macadamia nuts are almost exclusively peeled and vacuum-packed or sold in cans.
Macadamia nuts contain unsaturated fatty acids that are good for the heart and circulation and, if consumed regularly, can lower cholesterol levels. It also contains protein, fiber and valuable trace elements such as magnesium, phosphorus and calcium. However, 100 grams of nuts contain 700 kilocalories - so they should be consumed in moderation.
Macademia nuts are not only used in food. The oil obtained from them is also used in skin care products.
- How much does a quarter of a pot cost
- Which country name ends with RICA
- How many states border Florida
- What are omens What are some examples
- How often are vets paid
- You can take Singulair and Loratadine together
- What would America's next big bankruptcy be?
- How many prison houses are there in America?
- What do chemical engineers do in retirement
- Why don't you want spam
- Is chrome based on webkit
- How can I change careers?
- What is the purpose of diplomacy
- Why is ALEC tax-free
- Is there a time of year for fireflies
- Flutter is easier than React Native
- What can break you down
- Where was sulfur used first?
- What are the Best Creatine Benefits
- How does pollution affect climate change?
- What does the sweeping do
- What's going on wherever you are
- What made General Robert E Lee unique
- What did you see anything else