What is a non-allelic interaction
What is a non-allelic gene?
I understand that a non-allelic gene is one that affects someone else's traits, but is not as typically dominant / recessive. If i correct lie , this is the same as Epistasis - which means that one gene changes the expression of another. There are epistatic genes for the horse's coat color. One gene is the coat color itself (horses can have either brown or red color balls in these areas), the second gene is for a protein with which the coat color gene can be expressed. For example, a horse has two brown alleles at the coat color location. It also has a wild type gene in the second (modifier) position. With this modifier, the color brown can be expressed and the horse is brown. B / B, wt / wt -> brown If the horse has the two brown alleles but a mutated allele at the modifier position, the coat color is not expressed and the horse is white. B / B, mt / mt -> white
Because the modifier alleles are separate genes from the coat color alleles, the two are not allelic - yet both affect the same trait in some way.
I hope it helps.
- Why didn't Facebook buy Zynga
- Are Bose speakers worth it
- Can a person become beautiful
- What is the hybridization of KMnO4
- How do I write good title tags
- How do guitar strings create their sound
- How can I avoid becoming a hypocrite?
- Can pyromania be fixed
- When will the RCOM prices increase?
- Engery Can Sustainable Energy Be Profitable
- How much radiation is deadly
- How can we block advertised tweets
- How do I read a novel effectively
- How do you develop good reasoning skills
- Which essential oils work best for digestion
- What is a paradise lost
- In physical design what are end caps
- Men like to fight
- What is a credit union in India
- Are accountants more respected than financial analysts
- Which Toyota looks like a jeep
- Is CH3CHO-ethanol
- How does SICC celebrate Teacher's Day
- Which company will eventually buy WWE?
- How can we save Jallikattu
- Are fixie bikes suitable for Dublin City
- Babies dream while they sleep
- What is an inner self-dialogue
- What Makes a Good Lender
- What are shoutout videos
- Is 55 2 greater than 1 10
- Why don't we let criminals vote?
- Top students understand what they are reading
- How can INFPs gain more emotional control?